• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Core i5 Overclocking Thread***

Associate
At slightly lower than stock 1.9v I get ~ 3.2Ghz with and ~3.8 when turbo kicks in. Good enough if you ask me for 24/7 clocks. Everything else is set to auto.

Associate
I seem to have mine stable at 3.8GHz (190 x 20) with vcore of 1.325v and VTT/QPI of 1.20v. Temps at max load are in the low 60s high 50s :) I'm pleased.

Soldato
Received my i5 750 yesterday and managed this..

Untitled.jpg

temps were around the mid-high 60's when running Prime.

Last edited:
Associate
Guess i should add this is on board in sig as Gigabyte got returned due to duff mem slot!

The mem needed a lot of pressure to seat it which could have contributed to
the slot going bad and would not boot with 2 sticks first off....where the asrock memory slotted
in very easy and booted both sticks 1st attempt.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try knocking your voltage down a snitch i was having hight temps close to 80 when mine was set at 1.36 but i knocked it down a couple and it has reduced the temps fine, i did 5 loops of intel burn test though.

Associate
I tried reducing the vcore a notch and it became unstable. I'm not really happy to run at temperatures in the mid 70's so I've done a bit more fiddling around this morning. Added to that and having read some of the previous posts in this thread I'm uncomfortable with increasing the QPI/VTT past 1.1v (especially on brand new kit which I've forked out a fair few quid on :p)

I got these results at 3.8ghz with 1.2v core and 1.1v QPI/VTT. I know it's not quite the 'magical' 4ghz but I'm happy to trade off the extra 200Mhz in exchange for not turning the inside of my case into an oven. :)

Should also point out that I'm missing one of the top exhaust fans from my case (Fractal R2) because it arrived DOA, so I may see a slight improvement once that's installed.

Load under Intel burn test (highs of 66C-67C)

burnload.jpg

Then back to idle

idle3.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OK, I know I said earlier in the thread that I'd be satisfied with 3.8ghz. Well... I lied :p

Not sure what I was doing wrong yesterday but I've re-seated the cooler today as one of the cores seemed to be running 8C-10C higher than the others.

I've ran IBT and didn't encounter any problems (max temp was around 70C). Just giving it all a going over with Prime95 at the moment with these results so far.

4ghzx.jpg

PCZ

PCZ

Associate
Earler in this thread i posted about an I5 i OC'd to 4.2ghz.
Since then it has been working for a living crunching prime numbers.

llrnet is the software i use to do prime tests, think of it as a cousin of prime95

Temps are up a bit but ambients are a lot higher now.
I wil be letting it install some windows updates shortly and inevitably it will require a reboot, thought i'd grad a screenie to show how stable it has been.

stable.png

Associate
cant wait to get my i5, going to order the 3.6ghz kit on here. Is it worth trying to overclock it further or best to leave it as is?

Back
Top Bottom