1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official Crisp Thread***

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by Tauren, Feb 9, 2019.

1. robfosters

Caporegime

The walkers tear and share ready salted are delicious.

2. pinkpound

Wise Guy

Lay's Mix - Bacon and cheese had over in Amsterdam on 2 visits 2017/2018 then whent 3 months later no where to be found :(

3. ANDARIAL

Soldato

Walkers-Back when they first came out-They were sooo moreish ,eat 2 bags no trouble :D
    Walkers Barbeque flavour,whatever happened to them?

4. chroniclard

Capodecina

Brannigans Roast beef and Mustard are the don of crisps. Not sure they are easily available anymore.

5. Tauren

Capodecina

They certainly aren’t what they used to be ! Lamb and mint was great. Wish it was still a flavour !

6. marc2003

Capodecina

Poundland sell them. Can't remember how much they were though. :p

7. bjorkiii

Gangster

Once had a packet of paprika flavoured in Belgium, nothing has come anywere close over here but I will keep trying.

8. robfosters

Caporegime

I tell you what are good crisps if you like a punch in them, Co-op sea salt and Chardonnay vinegar. They’ll put hairs on your chest.

9. Spuj

Mobster

I am a massive crisp fan, I can usually pass on a lot of treats and snacks but crisps are my downfall.

I really like the Mature Cheddar and Red Onion Kettle chips, eat a bag no problem. Also their Smokey BBQ is amazing, especially if you have it with a sour cream and chive dip.

McCoys Flame Grilled steak used to be my favourite McCoys, however:

These are seriously sooooooo good,like you said can't find them out of the multipack bags which is a real shame because they are bloody good.

Wait what :eek::eek::eek::eek: I haven't seen these before. Really need to find some because they sound amazing.

10. Tauren

Capodecina

The chargrilled chicken are so so good. It’s a shame they’re not sold in large bags :(

Try and find the new McCoy’s Muchos. They’re really good ! I found them in the coop. They’re newly released :D

And yep..

[​IMG]

I don’t know if they still do them. They’re so good it’s easy to eat the bag :D edit: well, not the bag, but the contents :p

11. Spuj

Mobster

Oh I don't know, I think I would be licking the inside of the bag clean as a minimum :p

I will have try the Muchos, there's a couple of Co-ops around so will have to visit on my way home from work and see if I can find them!

12. Squid Vicious

Hitman

Keep it simple I say... the ready salted/original version of Walkers, Hula Hoops or Pringles is all I need to be in heaven - carbs, fat and salt :eek:

Absolutely filthy snack but it's good to treat yourself once in a while.

13. Kainz

Capodecina

Big fan of Walkers Sensations - Roasted Chicken & Thyme. Grabbed about 20 bags during the Christmas sales and still have loads left over. Very crunchy, filling and packed with flavour. I try and avoid McCoys for the moreish reasons above :o

14. GhostlyPea

Mobster

At the moment it's Mini Cheddars (Red Leicester or Branston flavour), arguably not crisps but similar in idea. I also really like the Tyrrells Vegetable Crisps. Don't eat to many but if I have a pack every other week or so then it will usually be one of them

- GP

15. Bubo

Soldato

Seabrooks Ready Salted.

I'm sorry to say I am a MINIMUM two bag man, very often three :(

Also partial to Asda's Cheese Balls and Onion Rings. Oh, and their bacon Frazzles knock offs.

16. robfosters

Caporegime

Are these the same as the cheese footballs that have the cheese paste inside?

17. Bubo

Soldato

No, just your basic puff type ball. Stick to your teeth at the drop of a hat, though that is the one and only downside to crisps. And as downsides go, it is a fairly minimal one.

18. Valo

Mobster

Good to see Mature Cheddar and Red Onion Kettle fan. Definitely going to try the Smokey BBQ and try and find the New York Deli flavour :eek: :cool:

19. robfosters

Caporegime

Am I the only person who puts vinegar on my ready salted crisps?

20. james.miller

Capodecina

I do!