The official Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP Thread

Associate
OP
someone has already pointed this out, but does the 2408 have 1 OR 2 dvi ports? - on all the spec sheets it seems to say 1 but in the picture it clearly has 2:confused:

It has 2 DVI connectors..

2005651728319612263_rs.jpg

Source: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/2408WFP/en/UG/setup.htm#Connecting Your Monitor

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Slight hint of ghosting or just the standed motion blur normally associated with LCDs? My eyes and brain have had a late one today and are not communicating correctly :p

The cam appears to be picking up slight motion blur which you can't see in practice.. (it looks perfect to me.. no ghosting and great picture).

Associate
OP
Very interesting to see, thanks very much.

Would it be possible for you to use this same format on say an FPS Game for us please? Counterstrike, COD or Crysis maybe?

CoD 4 running in clone mode a Dell 2408WFP & ViewSonic VP2030b (couldn't get the game to stretch across both):-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7eQU7u1geKA

I can't see any lag between the two.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I take back what I said.. it is possible to see some lag. Pause that video at random points and you will see that the Dell is ever so slightly behind the ViewSonic

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Your input lags weirdly lower than anyone else has suggested. About 40ms in most cases ? (Adding to that ~35ms for your other LCD screen), really odd when people have been measuring 60ms. Any chance you can try another clock?

If someone posts a link to a good one, i'll try it.

Aren't other people measuring against CRTs though (which don't really have any lag)? Mine is probably 60ms against a CRT..

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Do the clocks run up? Because if so, wouldn't the dell be going a lot faster than the other monitor?

.969 for the Dell
.999 for the Viewsonic

Surely this means the Dell is .030 ms faster? =\

I have a feeling im wrong, is anyone able to explain?

It goes up.. it's a stopwatch program..

Example (if I had a CRT attached as well as the ViewSonic display) - If you started the stopwatch program and took a photograph, 70 milliseconds later, of all 3 displays (in the same photo):-

CRT Display: 70 milliseconds
ViewSonic Display: 40 milliseconds
Dell Display: 10 milliseconds

This means that when the stopwatch program has got to 60ms.. the Dell is still showing 0.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That's what I'd like to know. For those of you who own the monitor, if you're focusing on the cursor and suddenly move the mouse, is there a visible delay before the cursor moves?

You don't notice the 60ms lag when moving the mouse, it's only an issue for fast paced fps games as you are 4 frames behind "reality", as opposed to 2 frames with an average LCD and 0 frames behind (well close to zero) with a CRT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom