*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Got my Outbreak Prime last night. I can honestly say that, that gun at 378/379 Light Level melts through ANY adds you come across. Had to run the first part of WotM for someone else to get the last part of the Siva Engine and the Voltage Eaters barely got out of the spawn points before the 'Wolfpack' Siva Mites engulfed them and melted them!!

This feels like the first proper Exotic since the Vex Mythoclast for people who remember what that gun was!! :D:D

PS. Anyone wants to hit me up for a game on PSN add me:- Shawreyboy

Shawrey

Soldato
I've got a bad case of man flu...so probably no raiding tomorrow. Maybe Thursday.

Going to rinse Iron Banner though, any confirmation what the top light-level drops will be?

Soldato
I would assume 385 with the usual up to 5 LL being attainable.

I know some people have been getting higher than 385 drops but IIRC 385 is the current cap until HM launches.

So ignoring a run tonight* who is down for a reset run (I'm thinking to go for the exotic quest as well so we need to think about team build up (2 of each class):

- OweO (380 WL / ~ 376 hunter / ~375 Titan)
- Greboth - ? Warlock
- DavieM66 - ? Warlock
- Redrooster - 372 Titan
- TehBluebear ? Hunter
- Free slot for either a Titan or Hunter - Zombie you in?

Assuming that is the team that runs (Bluebear can you confirm - happy to grind out some strikes with you to get your light higher (356 will struggle beyond 1st boss)?) I can run my hunter/Titan to get the team build correct.

*I am still down to get Aksis but can't run beyond 11PM.

Soldato
358 now Oweo. The 350-360 grind is harsh, even with Sepiks Perfected on farm. Arti and ghost are keeping me back, all other equipment is mostly 360

EDIT: unsure to farm Sepiks more tomorrow or try IB. Not sure which would be the best chance of breaking into the 360s before the raid.

Last edited:
Soldato
358 now Oweo. The 350-360 grind is harsh, even with Sepiks Perfected on farm. Arti and ghost are keeping me back, all other equipment is mostly 360

EDIT: unsure to farm Sepiks more tomorrow or try IB. Not sure which would be the best chance of breaking into the 360s before the raid.

I would just run the SiVA Heroic playlist until 365. Archon's Forge is ok now they've tweaked the offering drop rates. Pop them 3 of Coins.

I'm going to be running IB this week....no Tempering so you can crack on from day 1.

Soldato
Finally beat Aksis last night! :)

Got the scout and something I had to give Salad man for glimmer and rep (yay...).

Scout is nice once you get used to the recoil pattern.

In typical fashion Davie got all of the loot! :p

Should be on for 7 tonight for our reset run. :)

Leopold - feel free to add me (I will try and remember to add you when I get home) :)

Soldato
Yeah it was a good run, it seemed we got everything down just took a few runs to actually get it done. The auto rifle seems nice, I was using it after un-upgraded for some patrol missions and it is stable. It almost feels like a very fast firing scout rather than a typical auto rifle. I unlocked everything last night using motes but don't have the glimmer to upgrade so will be trading in some from my vault then I can try out the firefly perk :D

Watched a video this morning on the whole quest line and the screens don't look so bad. It is just a case of people knowing where they are supposed to be and being able to count. Either way saved a map of the first standing points and a quick reference binary/decimal table :)

Soldato
God I used to love this game, but things like "runs" should be a thing of the past in today's age. Terrible to be at the mercy of caps and repetition. RnG can be so much more than what it is in destiny.

Sorry if I have mis-understood your post but how can 'runs' be a thing of the past :confused: A 'run' is simply having a go at something whether multiplayer, single player or something IRL. It is the RPG side of Destiny and in that respect no different to running missions, quests, raids etc in many other MMORPG's being that these cooperative 'tasks' are the basis of all RPG's.

Edit: Regarding the pulse rifle quest I haven't seen mentioned. Do you have run all strikes and patrol mission stuff in the fireteam of 3? Or do you only need to be in the fireteam at the points of doing the decoding things?

Edit 2: Yes you do have to do all strikes, NF and patrol's in the 1 warlock, 1 hunter, 1 titan fireteam. So basically, whoever you team up with for the quest you're stuck with until the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry if I have mis-understood your post but how can 'runs' be a thing of the past :confused: A 'run' is simply having a go at something whether multiplayer, single player or something IRL. It is the RPG side of Destiny and in that respect no different to running missions, quests, raids etc in many other MMORPG's being that these cooperative 'tasks' are the basis of all RPG's.

Edit: Regarding the pulse rifle quest I haven't seen mentioned. Do you have run all strikes and patrol mission stuff in the fireteam of 3? Or do you only need to be in the fireteam at the points of doing the decoding things?

Edit 2: Yes you do have to do all strikes, NF and patrol's in the 1 warlock, 1 hunter, 1 titan fireteam.

IIRC you have to do them all as the split fireteam (although you don't have to do it all in a specific time frame).

Soldato
Iron Banner tonight lads! Time to get your shotties out (fusion for me though!)

Another fusion convert... :D

I do need to infuse my FWC Vacancy up (although I have a very nice roll on one of my Saladin's Vigils).

Also got a 379 Plan C drop from the raid so might bring that out for a play (Plan C was my go to before a Thesan FR4 which was then replaced with the vendor Vacancy).

Back
Top Bottom