*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Was on yesterday 3 legendarys, 1 good 2 bad sold instantly for 20M :) (blade of the warlords w/socket)

Also went on this morning for like.. 10 minutes first mob I killed (normal mob) dropped a butchers sickle shame it's junk and can't play more until I get back from college, sad times it is..

If anyone wants to farm at any time feel free to add me I'm on 24/7 apart from monday, wed, thursday 9-5pm Chris#22662

Associate
Was on yesterday 3 legendarys, 1 good 2 bad sold instantly for 20M :) (blade of the warlords w/socket)

Also went on this morning for like.. 10 minutes first mob I killed (normal mob) dropped a butchers sickle shame it's junk and can't play more until I get back from college, sad times it is..

[/URL]

See this is what gives me zero interest in carrying on. Over 130 hours played in the game up to Inferno ACT 3 and not a single soddin Legendary dropped. Then the OP gets three in one day. I just can't be bothered anymore quite honestly, with drops that are ALWAYS garbage so cannot be sold meaning no money to upgrade meaning no progress.:(

Associate
See this is what gives me zero interest in carrying on. Over 130 hours played in the game up to Inferno ACT 3 and not a single soddin Legendary dropped. Then the OP gets three in one day. I just can't be bothered anymore quite honestly, with drops that are ALWAYS garbage so cannot be sold meaning no money to upgrade meaning no progress.:(

Don't get disheartened by others success, it's a lot to do with having high MF and how fast you can clear Act3. I've seen high paragon players in maxed MF that can clear Act3 in less than an hour and get ~5-10 legendaries a day at times.

Associate
I really cant understand the rubbish level 63 item drops, i can understand that they should be rarer ect i.e. lower chance of the to drop compared to level 60-62...

also farming act 2/3 and getting yellow level 55 items --- THANKS MATE -- what a waste of time

The game was designed to waste your time, if you don't want to mindless grind, then Diablo 3 isn't for you.

The original Team had a much better idea of what they wanted to do with D3, but the team that took over has no clue what the current issues are or not to fix them, although they are trying.

Diablo 3 in a nut shell -
Step 1: have fun until level 60
Step 2: Get new items to play inferno
Step 3: Get better items to make inferno easier
Step 4: Get even better items to make inferno even easier
Step 5: Get even better items to make inferno even easier then step 4
Step ?: understand your items don't really mean anything, as the whole point is to get better items, and have nothing to show for it other then numbers and a E-pen.

I enjoyed D2 more, due to the fact the items helped me build my character into something i designed, ya-know when items actually did something other then give you "a few extra stats"

Associate
Been sort of following since launch, finally decided to jump in. Any tips before I do?

Keep your items up-to-date by using the auction house, unless you're actively trying to aquire items via drops (which this game isn't really designed for and would require a lot of back-tracking to farm).

Go for items with +experience as well as core stats for your class, eg str/vit for barb.

Make sure you kill/clear everything you can, as if you rush through the content you'll get through faster than making the next level requirement. If you do finish Act4 before you're high enough then farm Act3, best place for exp.

Last edited:
Associate

Hours played are irrelevant really, its what you did during those hours that matters. I use mobs killed/exp gained between legendaries to calculate how often they are dropping, since if I can kill 1000 mobs an hour and you can only kill 100, I should be seeing on average 10 times the drops even with the same level of MF.

That said, its pretty unlucky to not see any legendaries in 130 hours of playtime regardless of how slowly you kill.

Soldato

If anyone wants to farm at any time feel free to add me I'm on 24/7 apart from monday, wed, thursday 9-5pm Chris#22662

some people get all the luck :( think you could swap those times round and make it 5pm-9pm.... well... 6:30 to 10 xD I really want to tag along and mooch some xp and lewts but don't get home from work till after 6 usually. i'll add ya anyway incase you're on later :)

Associate
some people get all the luck :( think you could swap those times round and make it 5pm-9pm.... well... 6:30 to 10 xD I really want to tag along and mooch some xp and lewts but don't get home from work till after 6 usually. i'll add ya anyway incase you're on later :)

I'm online after 5pm usually about 6pm and on all night most nights depending on what I'm doing which is barely anything to be honest.

Hours played are irrelevant really, its what you did during those hours that matters. I use mobs killed/exp gained between legendaries to calculate how often they are dropping, since if I can kill 1000 mobs an hour and you can only kill 100, I should be seeing on average 10 times the drops even with the same level of MF.

That said, its pretty unlucky to not see any legendaries in 130 hours of playtime regardless of how slowly you kill.

This also, I mean I have a high play-time but I've not been getting tons of legendarys farming act 3 most of my profit comes from rares not legendarys, I've got 1 set item which sold for 110M but that's the highest I've had and the other legendarys were junk and another sold for 20M. As Brok has said it's irrelevant on my hours played because a lot of it was farming act 1 until I fixed my gear a bit and started doing act 3 a lot more for the more consistant drop rate on 63's.

See this is what gives me zero interest in carrying on. Over 130 hours played in the game up to Inferno ACT 3 and not a single soddin Legendary dropped. Then the OP gets three in one day. I just can't be bothered anymore quite honestly, with drops that are ALWAYS garbage so cannot be sold meaning no money to upgrade meaning no progress.

Out of a lot of my hours played I've got no legendarys I was farming yesterday with a friend and he seems to get them everyday where as I don't. End of the day it's just luck that's involved and sometimes you have it sometimes you don't have it.

I farm at a pretty fast rate as of now unless I'm helping friends farm which then I decline my speeds since the lack of their damage and the mobs increased health is no good for me :)

err.. I would just say stick with the game and carry on as others have said since you'll get lucky eventually.

Associate
I play with a guy that seems to get legendaries every couple of days. Multiple legendaries a day too unlike me :). Anyway.. If you have a fast farming team you play with one of you should start wearing full MF gear and tag along. If anything decent drops, sell it and split the profits.

The game is all about having fun after all. Solo farming with zero drops is no fun at all :D

Associate
I play with a guy that seems to get legendaries every couple of days. Multiple legendaries a day too unlike me :). Anyway.. If you have a fast farming team you play with one of you should start wearing full MF gear and tag along. If anything decent drops, sell it and split the profits.

The game is all about having fun after all. Solo farming with zero drops is no fun at all :D

There's no point in having a fully geared MF char with me/us. Rather have more damage input to make runs a lot faster and effiencent, you get enough MF from paragon+NV stacks anyway I think.. Don't see the need to go full out since if you look at my gear I don't think I have MF items at all and seem to be doing fine.

Associate
There's no point in having a fully geared MF char with me/us. Rather have more damage input to make runs a lot faster and effiencent, you get enough MF from paragon+NV stacks anyway I think.. Don't see the need to go full out since if you look at my gear I don't think I have MF items at all and seem to be doing fine.

That is why I said it applied to folk that already farm quickly. They don't require any more dmg to cut through mobs because they already like butter. So the extra MF will be a bonus. 300+ MF is bound to help if you skip picking up all blues and most yellows. It is all about chasing legendary/set items most efficiently.

Associate
That is why I said it applied to folk that already farm quickly. They don't require any more dmg to cut through mobs because they already like butter. So the extra MF will be a bonus. 300+ MF is bound to help if you skip picking up all blues and most yellows. It is all about chasing legendary/set items most efficiently.

The most efficient way to farm for a well geared character is solo though. Even if you agree to share items it would still be faster for you both to load up single player games and do it that way. Its a fundamental flaw in the co-op to be honest - i want to play some co-op but dont want to sacrifice my farming and exp efficiency to do so.

Associate
The most efficient way to farm for a well geared character is solo though. Even if you agree to share items it would still be faster for you both to load up single player games and do it that way. Its a fundamental flaw in the co-op to be honest - i want to play some co-op but dont want to sacrifice my farming and exp efficiency to do so.

I am not going to disagree with you Brok. I thought you might respond. I watched your live steam which was great by the way. Hopefully i'll catch you on again sometime. You know how to farm and have the gear to do so very efficiently. Anyone joining you unless they have better gear will only slow you down. Though, even someone with lower DPS (i'm not talking 40k or so) though probably won't slow you down that much if they can keep up with you on foot. You'll still melt through the mobs at a decent pace.

I wouldn't mind farming solo for short runs but if I am to do a whole day, or many hours (I know that sounds bad) I'd prefer to be in a group. Just for the sake of killing the boredom of farming solo. It would have to be in a group that agrees though to skip most pickups. Or doesn't mind you continuing whilst they miss out on XP selling blues etc :).

+% Movement helps a bunch too.

Associate
Its a shame because I am a group oriented person (played EQ for 12 years where grouping is pretty much mandatory) and I think players should be rewarded for getting together and would have no problem with being penalised slightly for solo play. But I also approach these kinds of games in a fairly clinical fashion and I will want to take the most efficient route through most of the time, and at the moment that is to play solo.

The other problem with co-op is, that most of the enjoyment from grouping with other people is getting to chat with them, but with this being a very fast paced game its very tricky to type and still keep moving and killing, meaning in my experience most often its just 2-4 people killing the same stuff without actually saying much to each other.

I get that most people these days use voice comms such as TS, vent etc but because of the place I normally play (next to my wife on the sofa) its not really conducive to voice comms.

As for the live stream, I'll run it again soon. I didnt realise it broadcast the sound from the mic on my laptop rofl, so until I figure out how to disable that its not going back up. I'm sure no-one wants to hear my missus prattle on about EastEnders and me grunting non-commitally in response :D

I'm happy for anyone to add me to their friends list, I will always chat and give advice if asked. If I have Busy up I'm soloing (or working), if I have Available up I'm available for co-op

Brokkah#2761

Soldato
yeah it a shame co-op isnt better.
just a word of warning too, if someone joins your game on a boss fight, they wont be able to join and help kill it but the health of the boss goes up and so does the damage incoming too i think.
so im not being rude if it pops up asking for permission to join, if im on a boss fight ill just click ok after or if i wipe! :p

Permabanned
One benefit for the fact that no one is buying anything, i am starting to pick up some good deals. Just upgraded my weapon for 300k.

I have no problems with coop and play that most of the time, sure sometimes i get some dim players or players that die too much. But i have no problems chatting with them and they are usually ok with taking breaks and going back to town to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom