*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Man of Honour
I've given up on them since the release of the Diablo III. Despite its sales, many of which were heavily discounted through Wow sub deals, it was a long term failure. POE went public just 2 years after D3 and now it's one of the biggest games in the world.

Must admit POE is pretty darned good, with a wealth of content. I wonder if they will make use of the apparent void in the ARPG genre that no D4 confirmation has created by working toward releasing a POE2

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Must admit watching the Rhykker video its a bit of a cop out as he clearly states he doesnt want to offend Blizzard (which is understandable) so that he continues to have access to devs/reps and help promote games etc. Yet he doesnt really feel negative about what happened (at Blizzcon) but only then repeats whats most other streamers have said so he hasnt really got a opinion either way. A small part of me keeps thinking he isnt as passionate as some of the other streamers because allegedly most of his content and guides are a collaboration of others and some has even went as far as criticizing that he uses other players gameplay as content. (not sure about that).

Associate
just heard i assume some corporate **** on the blizzard/ Activision quarterly report describe the reception to the announcement of Diablo: Immortal as "muted".

sigh...

Soldato
I actually picked up Diablo 3 on the cheap after this Immortal stuff reminded me that I never played it.
Hahah
Anyway, quick question, is 'normal' too easy? Should I move it up a difficulty?
I'm about 10 hours in (still Act1) but I'm just walking all over everything. So I'm wondering if the difficulty does ramp or if I should leave 'normal' behind?

Soldato
Not really bothered about power levelling.
I just want a bit of a challenge and to feel there's danger in the fights instead of it just being a guaranteed win each time. :)

Maybe'll give it a few more hours and then crank it up a notch

Caporegime
I mean, buy now because the sales in china will kick that right back up.

Maybe that was the point?

Wonder if you could successfully sue them or submit a request to the FCA or SEC, mind you'd have to prove that their sudden inability to gauge their customer base was entirely on purpose and not simply because they don't care anymore.

At some point the Chinese market will be too dangerous to work in legally, i mean if the likes of ZTE can be so readily banned for the risk it presents to other markets, there's no way that it doesn't also descend down to mere software companies, these publishers all want a big chunky slice of the Chinese pie and it's obviously going to lead to disaster.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not played Diablo in a while, at least not seriously so I wouldn't consider myself a part of it's community, but I'm a fan.

The series is dead now, there's no way Immortal won't neuter Diablo 4 - if it even comes out, Blizzard may just axe the series to spite their fans. Sounds crazy but Blizzard are likely to do that as they are a microtransactions company from here on out. No game releases, just WoW expansions, OW characters and mobile games for all eternity.

What a sad day, and so out of nowhere that an industry giant would destroy itself literally overnight. They'll always have money but they will lose their fans and be left with shills and non commited mobile gamers, crazy.

I never bought into the idea that gaming is being ruined, because there were always companies like Blizzard, like their games or not, that were making serious content for serious gamers, but this is a bullet wound to the chest for the gaming industry.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I have completely stopped playing, D3 included. @Necroville and I have been pretty active with the recent seasons with a few others in the clan but for me this announcement was the final straw as I have always held out in the hope for the next proper instalment will finally come for their pc fan base.

Been playing since D2 and it's a shame they have treated their hardcore fans like this. You can arguably say the fans are ungrateful and expect too much etc but at the end of the day they are the consumer and bottom line it's simply greed. After so many years of waiting it's obvious they don't want to produce a game with just the initial sale but want something to string the player on and keep cash flow going. They are plenty of ways to do this without minmising gameplay contents but are clearly not interested.

Cash is their only objective and unlike the past they want minimal effort and maximise profit so for Wyatt and others, don't stand there and talk about they care about Diablo, love Diablo, excited about Diablo, value quality and are fans/gamer themselves. Absolute crock of **** and Judging on how things are run there is no future for the pc franchise.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wait have they said Diablo 4 will never happen/they're never making another pc game again? I haven't been following the news other than the announcement of immortal in the first place.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Wait have they said Diablo 4 will never happen/they're never making another pc game again? I haven't been following the news other than the announcement of immortal in the first place.

all they have said is "multiple projects with multiple teams" so d4 is probably in the works but when and what shape it will be is anyone's ones guess now.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Didn't Cheng also say something along the lines of all their best devs are currently working on mobile only projects?

that was aid in a news conference for a korean thing i think, something along the lines of "all our top devs have been moved on to mobile projects" so how much is true or not who knows, but im sure we will see a warcraft and starcraft mobile game in 12 months.

Back
Top Bottom