***** The Official Division Thread *****

Ubi will cut this to bits and it will look nothing like the videos on the previous page. Rumor has it they ran that with a pair of Titan cards at 30fps. It's just Watchdogs again...

Ubi will cut this to bits and it will look nothing like the videos on the previous page. Rumor has it they ran that with a pair of Titan cards at 30fps. It's just Watchdogs again...

You haven't seen watch dogs with your own eyes so how can you currently, and accurately comment?

Also couldn't find anything myself regarding said titan rumour.

I'm still hopeful.

You haven't seen watch dogs with your own eyes so how can you currently, and accurately comment?

I'm still hopeful.

They showed Watchdogs off at E3 2013 and now the footage they are showing is obviously not the same. I would bet the footage we are seeing for the Divison now will look a lot different nearer launch.

I'm still hopeful.

they admitted the e3 footage of watchdogs was running at max settings on a very high end pc, to demonstrate what the engine is capable of. this will be the same. console owners will not be getting that version of watchdogs or the division.

I don't understand why people pre order anyway - its not like the game is going to be sold out either way!
The price can often be a lot cheaper for pre-orders. A lot of retailers seem to push the price up a little closer to release if the game looks like it's going to be popular, so ordering early can save you a few quid. Plus it saves the hassle of having to go out and get the game if you don't live or work near a supermarket/games shop.

Edit: A perfect example was my pre-order for the Dark Souls II Collector's Edition. It went on sale for £75, but I paid £63 as I pre-ordered it when it was first announced.

The price can often be a lot cheaper for pre-orders. A lot of retailers seem to push the price up a little closer to release if the game looks like it's going to be popular, so ordering early can save you a few quid. Plus it saves the hassle of having to go out and get the game if you don't live or work near a supermarket/games shop.

Edit: A perfect example was my pre-order for the Dark Souls II Collector's Edition. It went on sale for £75, but I paid £63 as I pre-ordered it when it was first announced.

All of this plus there is often pre-order bonus in the form of DLC or even Beta access. You can always cancel it closer to the time if things start to look a bit dodgy.

Fair do's - I am yet to move to next gen, but when I do I think I may go all digital anyway - try be more selective about my games bought and wait for deals

Going digital would be a bad idea. Games are always at LEAST £10 more and they rarely go down in price. Plus you're then stuck with the game.

True in that respect - but I much prefer being able to switch between games as and when I like instead of having to change discs! Sounds Lazy I know but I have my consoles in a cupboard behind the wall where my tv is for noise purposes! Like I said I would be limiting what games I did and almost waiting for deals / playstation+ apart from the AAA+ game releases

My mate play tested this game earlier in the week at the developers offices.

He's under NDA but gave me a lot of info. Apparently it's verrrrrrrry early, and they were playing the latest build which had less functionality than the reveal gameplay trailer had.

Apparently it's verrrrrrrry early, and they were playing the latest build which had less functionality than the reveal gameplay trailer had.

With how Watch Dogs turned out, I am not surprised at this news.

Would not surprise if what was shown was just a video of how they want it to look. It's going to be very different when it's released. Everyone should expect that.

I appreciate that if you are working on something exciting it's really tempting to start shouting about it early, but it doesn't help your consumer when you start delaying significantly. I'm not even saying don't shout about it, just give us a release date of when it's done. And saying that, I'd rather this be delayed than rushed.

I propose a simple system. Earlier than stated time > on stated time > when its done > delayed > rushed out the door.

Back
Top Bottom