***** The Official Division Thread *****

The engine does look amazing, I'm just worried about the inevitable Ubisoft downgrade.

That video was probably running on SLI Titans or something. :o
That's possible, but as it was originally planned as a console exclusive, I'm hoping that they're still treating the consoles as the baseline, and we'll get the same quality on the consoles as we're seeing in that video.

I'll be really interested to see what differences there are between all 3 versions when the game comes out. Obviously the PC version should look the best, with PS4 next and then XB1 last, but I wonder what the differences between versions will be. Will it be a simple case of 720/900p on XB1, or will they aim for 1080p but with some effects switched off? Hell, will it look identical on both consoles? This is one of the first games where I think the real world power difference between the PS4/XB1 will be seen properly (as they have more time to optimise per platform), rather than the rushed launch titles we've seen so far.

A strong rumour going around at the moment that this game is going to be delayed until 2015. :(

The Division could have been delayed into 2015, according to an anonymous source from within Ubisoft Massive. This could be utter ******** though, so make of this what you will while we investigate further.

Speaking with GameReactor, the supposed source said, “The game engine works well, it is not clear but works well. Actual game development has barely begun, however. The fact that Ubisoft issued a 2014 release date seems laughable if I’ll be completely honest, we will never have time to release The Division this year. This is a big project, we have very far to go …”

Source

I just hope they can actually deliver on what they are promising with this game.
Honestly I just cant see how they can, the title holds a lot of promise and possibilities - too many to provide so somewhere theyll have to scale back. Ive fallen for the hype though as I really do think this could be a game that really marks the start of next gen ideas beyond the graphics bump...

As always a delay is welcomed if they use it properly, how close was it to Watchdogs delayed date originally? Could they have been worried about possible cannibalisation? Hell they could be throwing people onto Watchdogs for all we know if this rumour is correct...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Another game delayed? 2014 is going to be a barren year at this rate

TBH i'll be happy as long as I get DriveClub, Infamous, The Order and Destiny this year, plus there's a few of the indie games I will check out as well. I don't game anywhere near as much as i used to so those will probably keep me well busy. :D

As long as they spend the extra time making sure the game is 100% ready then I don't mind waiting until 2015. I wasn't going to buy a PlayStation 4 until next year anyway, unless a limited edition comes out and tempts me... :p

I'm kinda glad that this and Watch Dogs has been delayed. I hardly get any gaming time anymore and with Titanfall out in March it was going to get tricky. I can wait.

But as someone else said... why do I feel like I'm wishing my life away!?! :D

Back
Top Bottom