***** The Official Division Thread *****

Soldato
As I don't live on the mainland. I don't have very high hopes of mine turning up tomorrow even though it was dispatched on Saturday. Just one of those things I guess.

Soldato
Crafting system is great, one off the things destiny is sorely missing. Pretty excited for both the PvE and PvP. For grinding it seems better, there is some RNG but things like crafting lets you know there is a somewhat known amount of farming before you can get weapon/armour X.

Caporegime
Going full DPS build for some crispy headshot kills.

This is something that I'm quite looking forward to.

There are a number of different ways you can set your character up. You pile on the stamina and skill power and use the riot shield and just tank damage for everybody. Equally you can pile on the DPS and be the glass cannon that puts out tons of damage but can't take a hit.

Equally you could be a healer and all your talents can be from the medical tree and your armor loadout be all geared toward skill power and just sit at the back reviving and healing everybody.

The only thing that differentiated the classes in destiny was a super. The rest was just different ways of doing things such as a different melee, different jump etc..

The division has so many talents skills etc.. that you really are free to setup up your character in so many different ways. And then there's the crafting system .....

I was really hoping there would be some variation in end game gear, rather than there being the meta. I'd hate to think after a few weeks everyone is running around with the same setup.

I might be alone here too, but I'm also a little disappointed there's a weekly routine grind much like Destiny. From a personal point of view I really wanted to play this game without feeling the need to prioritise it over my life the moment it resets every week. That's a personal demon I need to fight though :D

look at the data mine video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkOsTxXBXyA

There are literally hundreds of guns, each will come in different rarities, levlels with mods in equaly different rarities and mods etc.. I really don't expect the meta to have only one gun such is the variety in how much damage you can deal in the division.

Last edited:
Associate
Picking this up tomorrow on the PS4 from Tesco. Loved the beta.

Would appreciate anyone adding me as all of my mates have an XBone, so have nobody to play with :(

Have added my name to the spreadsheet.

Soldato
Just got my Amazon pre order bonus code through my email for a hazmat suit or something. Didn't even know there was a pre order bonus. Happy days!

Soldato
Logged in, but the game must be lagging or something, got to the first safehouse and the quest wont update, seems you have to register on a laptop ingame but its crowded by other players and when you can actually click on it, nothing seems to happen.

Am i missing something or is the game just lagged due to being hammered?

Soldato
This is something that I'm quite looking forward to.

There are a number of different ways you can set your character up. You pile on the stamina and skill power and use the riot shield and just tank damage for everybody. Equally you can pile on the DPS and be the glass cannon that puts out tons of damage but can't take a hit.

Equally you could be a healer and all your talents can be from the medical tree and your armor loadout be all geared toward skill power and just sit at the back reviving and healing everybody.

The only thing that differentiated the classes in destiny was a super. The rest was just different ways of doing things such as a different melee, different jump etc..

The division has so many talents skills etc.. that you really are free to setup up your character in so many different ways. And then there's the crafting system .....

What I'm looking forward too most, Destiny PvE got boring fast cause the classes are all pretty similar, you play the same role which is primarily DPS with supers being the only thing that makes a difference but only really alter a small portion off the fight. Mostly it was bubble or self res, and I guess shadow shot with KF that made any meaningful difference outside of edge cases.

Gameplay was too straight forward too be engaging enough. In PVP I think things like nades/jumps make a bigger difference in Destiny which is why it kept me interested for longer.

Back
Top Bottom