*** The Official E3 2013 Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Whether you prefer the PS4 or Xbox One, there will be appealing aspects of both, though I would say it seems Sony have got the vote of the vast majority at the moment!

Yup, Sony have definitely got the majority vote at the moment, and well done to them for that. I'm very interested to see how MS will respond, because let's face it - they will. They have to if they don't want the console war to be over before it's pretty much begun.

Mostly for the "prehistoric DRM" that everyone suddenly has a problem with yet has been using Steam for the past 8+ years or whatever.

Yup, I've made this point myself before, yet it seems to be ignored by most people.

Soldato
All of this console 'tribalism' does make me laugh, all because certain people can't justify/afford both consoles. That's all it is.

I know. It's laughable. Perhaps he is only a child and doesn't know any better.

I don't particularly care for either console but strongly considering it now to buy both on release. Was going to hold back on the Xbox to see how things play out with the only verification but I'm giving MS the benefit.

Besides, it's only going to be a grand for both of them. Peanuts :D

Caporegime
YI'm very interested to see how MS will respond, because let's face it - they will. They have to if they don't want the console war to be over before it's pretty much begun.

I'm interested that a lot of people seem to be assuming Sony has won and it's done. MS have invested a lot of money in the One and aren't just going to say "well, that's that" If they want to take a hit and stick a $100 price drop then they can afford it.

Man of Honour
You can't quite see the obvious difference?
I'm sure he can (as I do), but the fact remains that I bet the vast majority of people complaining about the DRM and how bad it is use Steam on a regular basis which is even more restrictive in some ways (you can't trade in games, can't loan them to friends, can't play offline if you lose your internet connection without warning).

Man of Honour
Yup, Sony have definitely got the majority vote at the moment, and well done to them for that. I'm very interested to see how MS will respond, because let's face it - they will. They have to if they don't want the console war to be over before it's pretty much begun.

Indeed, we've not heard the last from Microsoft, there's a good few months left to release, many things could change.

Soldato
He's probably going off the poll on here. If I recall correctly more people said they would buy the PS3 on release too but the 360 outsold it heavily over the years.

Internet knee jerk reaction as usual. Remember, when Sony made its console announcement without offering much info, people immediately slammed it as a failure. Go view the thread on here.

It's actually laughable how quickly people make up their minds on something they know sweet FA about.

Man of Honour
I'm interested that a lot of people seem to be assuming Sony has won and it's done. MS have invested a lot of money in the One and aren't just going to say "well, that's that" If they want to take a hit and stick a $100 price drop then they can afford it.
In my (relatively educated) opinion, Sony have take a pretty big lead with the "hardcore" gamers who care about the features like DRM and trading in games. It remains to be seen who will win in the casual market (arguably a bigger one) when they may care more about the media features that the Xbox One seems to have the edge in.

Caporegime
I don't see why they couldn't implement both at once. If you run the game from the hard drive, you have to connect online every X amount of days to verify you still own it. If you lose your internet or want to play online, you have to put the disc in the drive. I really don't see what's so hard about that. If that system was in place, I don't think anyone would complain.
TBH it sounds like they forgot to really sell the benefit and half expected potential consumers just to 'get the idea', its what the majority of journalists are saying that they can see the long term picture but the overall messaging was far from clear and indeed the back and forth has just alienated some.

Its not hard to see if you get that message right, people like Apple can sell you something much more restricted than the competition and those customers more than enjoy what they buy.

I prefer your idea a whole lot more, makes me wonder why they didnt do that and just take a leaf out of what they did for the X360 (think its still a novel feature now), perhaps that doesnt stop piracy enough in their eyes. Though it would have prevented them being able to centralise the used game market as I guess you need someway to identify discs/ownership if you want to control buying/selling which is what online DRM does give them...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
He's probably going off the poll on here. If I recall correctly more people said they would buy the PS3 on release too but the 360 outsold it heavily over the years.

Right from the beginning, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 has already been a step ahead of its rival on the console front, the Sony PS3, where global sales numbers are concerned. Well, perhaps the tables have finally turned after half a dozen years thereabouts, as a new forecast report summarized by Games Industry International claimed that the Sony PS3 has finally overtaken the Xbox 360, taking the lead in units shipped at long last..

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/01/ps3-overtakes-xbox-360-in-global-sales-figures/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom