*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
- For the Beta 2 public test, Beagle 2 Landing in Asellus Primus star system also has all modules and ships available in stock
THAT's the one!!!!!

Steering and everything else is fine on the pad but just throttle is all or nothing.
Ah, so not just me then... Coolio.

I tried using the stick axis for SRV control and found myself naturally trying to use my rudder pedals instead
Yeah, I've assigned both stick X axis and my Yaw axis on the throttle, finding the latter just habitually kicks in.

Caporegime
Quite a few bugs in the Beta but being Beta, I expect them and hopefully won't take too long to iron out. I have gone back to the main game now, purely to get me some more money as I want to buy both the Cutter and Corvette and still keep my Conda. The Cutter is a real whale to turn but it just sounds so good and looks fantastic, albeit it is only me looking at it :D

Soldato
Quite a few bugs in the Beta but being Beta, I expect them and hopefully won't take too long to iron out. I have gone back to the main game now, purely to get me some more money as I want to buy both the Cutter and Corvette and still keep my Conda. The Cutter is a real whale to turn but it just sounds so good and looks fantastic, albeit it is only me looking at it :D

Gregster - what's your favoured money method. I'm tending to farm RES bounties as being allied to Zaccary I get the nice bonus.

TRading is just soo dull by comparison.

Caporegime
Gregster - what's your favoured money method. I'm tending to farm RES bounties as being allied to Zaccary I get the nice bonus.

TRading is just soo dull by comparison.

Yer I do that. I am also with Zach and hit the merits to get rank 5 and then hit the high Intensity res sites. I can get 50 mil a day or 6-8 hours gaming time on a good run (that is 25 mil in credits doubled up when I cash them in). I am trading at the mo though, purely because I hit the combat so hard, I am a bit sick of it for now and I made Elite, so not much interest really.

Don
Minimum spec for VR in E: D has been announced:

• Minimum Spec for VR:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core CPU or better / AMD FX 4350 Quad Core CPU or better
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 980 with 4GB or better
  • Network: Broadband Internet Connection
  • Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
A lot of people are going to need an upgrade!

Associate
Picked this up during the recent steam sale and have been quite enjoying the game so far - still very new and lots I've yet to do/master

Soldato
This game is infuriating! How the hell are you supposed to raise your combat ranking when there's nothing to shoot at? I've been taking missions where you have to hunt down and destroy a set number of pirates in a given system or destroy one named pirate and not once have I found any pirates before the mission's time limit runs out.

I SC around dropping out at any and all unidentified signal sources I come across and to date I have only come across floating debris and some useless cargo containers. Where the hell are these people I need to kill hiding? I tell a lie, I dropped out at one signal source only to be one-shotted by something that I didn't even get a chance to see, let alone run away.

As for other 'human' players, I haven't seen a single one yet.

Man of Honour
OP
This game is infuriating! How the hell are you supposed to raise your combat ranking when there's nothing to shoot at? I've been taking missions where you have to hunt down and destroy a set number of pirates in a given system or destroy one named pirate and not once have I found any pirates before the mission's time limit runs out.

I SC around dropping out at any and all unidentified signal sources I come across and to date I have only come across floating debris and some useless cargo containers. Where the hell are these people I need to kill hiding? I tell a lie, I dropped out at one signal source only to be one-shotted by something that I didn't even get a chance to see, let alone run away.

As for other 'human' players, I haven't seen a single one yet.

The pirate hunting missions have changed a bit since the beginning, from my experience they are now mainly (maybe exclusively?) interdict missions. You'll need to identify which are pirates based on wanted status and faction while in SC.

Also try the nav beacon near the star, there are generally loads of npc ships popping in and out there, some of which are pirates. Whether or not the mission ones saw there or not... I'm not sure. I recall getting credit for mission kills that way in the past but it was a while ago, and my memory is shot.

Soldato
Nah, still get plenty of pirates in USS, you wont get many if any at all in weak ones though, also, if you need to hunt USS because the Nav beacon is useless or there are no RES in a system remember to throttle back and look for them, that way they will spawn and be immediately in range for dropping into :)

I seem to have sorted out my fps issues with Horizons now, just needed to tweak a few settings and everything seems to be good now, certainly good enough for me at any rate, been messing around and this is probably my best screenie so far I reckon :)

Screenshot_0379.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Take out X amount of pirates = RES / Nav Beacon -- if neither of those are in the system then USS.
Take out Specific pirate = interdicting from supercruise (usually)

That's how I work it anyway, but mostly I don't bother with missions anymore - measly payouts :/

Back
Top Bottom