*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
I think it's nice and something to look forward to. By the time i've finished upgrading my ship i'll be able to kill aliens lol

Got my level
5 fsd
3 dirty drive
4 weapon charged distributor
4 pulse laser x 6, 5 with experimental effects
1 shield boosters x 4
1 fsd interdictor

i want 5 distributor but the exquisite focus crystals dont drop anymore, only in the beta

I'm now working towards next engineer
5 shields
3 shield boosters
then after that i'll grind towards a tier 5 overcharged power plant

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's nice and something to look forward to. By the time i've finished upgrading my ship i'll be able to kill aliens lol

Got my level
5 fsd
3 dirty drive
4 weapon charged distributor
4 pulse laser x 6, 5 with experimental effects
1 shield boosters x 4
1 fsd interdictor

i want 5 distributor but the exquisite focus crystals dont drop anymore, only in the beta

I'm now working towards next engineer
5 shields
3 shield boosters
then after that i'll grind towards a tier 5 overcharged power plant

The engineers burned me out TBH...

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The engineers burned me out TBH...

Think there is a significant majority like that.

It just takes far to long to actually make any progress in anything once you are past a Cobra.

Hell even the time it takes to jump is infuriating. God knows how dull it must be exploring.

Associate
yeah its burning me out, realised i've not finished upgrading my pulse turrets so need to grind some more nanobreakers from draconis stacking, urrrgh.

then i need to exploit 25 black markets to open up another engineer. fml

just cba with it

Soldato
yeah its burning me out, realised i've not finished upgrading my pulse turrets so need to grind some more nanobreakers from draconis stacking, urrrgh.

just cba with it

Yeh realised I was doing it (Engineers) simply because it "needed to be done"... and nothing else had been added gamplay/depth wise for eons...

Associate

just cba with it

I think, but don't quote me on this, that material requirements for engineer upgrades are being removed as they don't have time to introduce material storage atm. Again, can't remember where I read that so it could be garbage/wishful thinking.

Soldato
I think, but don't quote me on this, that material requirements for engineer upgrades are being removed as they don't have time to introduce material storage atm. Again, can't remember where I read that so it could be garbage/wishful thinking.

Yes they are removing materials from engineers, just another reason i stopped playing, always moving the goal posts and my work wont be needed once they remove this hurdle.

Associate

Yes they are removing materials from engineers, just another reason i stopped playing, always moving the goal posts and my work wont be needed once they remove this hurdle.

So let me get this right....

Frontier aren't able to implement something in game because they claim they haven't the time to do so, or is it that they over estimated the work required to do so, so they just simply remove that part of the game that is causing them the problem?

The longer this game is out it sometimes sounds like they're winging it more and more. They seem to introduce so called features/game play elements in more haste and not fully thought through with regards to the impact to them. Then as soon as they arrive at a stumbling block with the new grind... sorry feature, they just simply drop it :confused:

If they carry on like this for much longer the whole game will be full of these half way/not totally finished game play areas.

Sad, as when I backed it in KS I had such high hopes for Elite :( Guess the saying is true: -

A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder what the reasons are for lack of resources?
By this i mean they decide what and when to release said content and could chose longer time periods for each part they release.
Is it because of wanting a certain amount of Alien content/better features before Star Citizen is in a release state/beta?
Is it other games making them push out features that are not thoroughly thought out for upkeep/feature changes etc

Soldato

Why am I not surprised... The development of this game since Horizons has been absolutely dire. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the next major update this year - or ever...

The way they've introduced the "aliens" is very cool, but is there actually any gameplay to add? I highly doubt it.

Soldato
Has anyone had unknown probes or meta alloys onboard when they've encountered the aliens?
If they have and nothing happens then I'm calling scripted encounters where whatever you do makes no odds they just tickle you with the beam and **** off...

Associate
Has anyone had unknown probes or meta alloys onboard when they've encountered the aliens?
If they have and nothing happens then I'm calling scripted encounters where whatever you do makes no odds they just tickle you with the beam and **** off...

The XBOX360 guy who was credited with the discovery didn't mention UAs or Meta Alloys - in fact he was heading to the Engineer with some magnetic emitter coils and that is all.

http://www.pcgamer.com/elite-dangerous-aliens/

SPG

SPG

Soldato
FD are going to have to have something extremely good in the next 12 months otherwise its pretty much going to be just the diehards in Mobius left.

Lucky for the new players on the materials being dropped.

Never again will i grind for anything in this game, its basically just a extremely bad trading game with some shoot em up....

Soldato
I wanted to like it, the original was something of an epiphany (non religious) for me in computer game terms. Maybe I got something wrong but I found the game nearly impossible to get into. Docking in the original was technically hard at the time, but this makes getting out of Drivers Garage a cakewalk in my opinion.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yes, the original docking in Elite was very tricky until you got the precious docking computer.

The only time docking is fun in ED is when I ran without shields for jump range trading. Then they messed around with repair costs and it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Associate
Why am I not surprised... The development of this game since Horizons has been absolutely dire.

I'd speculate, but of course don't know, that that has to do with them working on the PS4 version at the same time.

FD are removing the need for COMMODITIES and not the MATERIALS. It's basically because you cannot store the former

Either way it's a good move atm imho.

Back
Top Bottom