The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Soldato
CCP got rid of Aurum and converted it into the new smaller plex. You now need 500 new plex for 30 days and it can be also used to buy the ship skins.
Maybe I can explain better, I had an actual plex, purchased years ago when they were 350 million, it's rose in value upto being able to buy a thanatos, which makes me smile, the account now has 8 small plex, whilst a trial account thats never had plex, i don't know what aurum is so I doubt I had any of that, anyway the trial has 47 small plex, i am now per-plexled lol :D

Associate
Maybe I can explain better, I had an actual plex, purchased years ago when they were 350 million, it's rose in value upto being able to buy a thanatos, which makes me smile, the account now has 8 small plex, whilst a trial account thats never had plex, i don't know what aurum is so I doubt I had any of that, anyway the trial has 47 small plex, i am now per-plexled lol :D

That is odd. The old plex should have been converted to 500 new plex. It may be worth raising a support ticket to get it looked into.

Soldato
500 plex would equal around 1.4 billion, have they really dropped that much? I don't play anymore, just logged in the odd time recently to train skills for free

Soldato
Can't say I'm angry right now, but I know a load of people are kicking off about the Rorqual and Fighter nerfs along with making pirate Battleships more pricey. I think the approach on making carriers weaker by nerfing dps isn't the right one, but I've not flown one in so long and don't plan to any time soon so don't really care right now. I'm just hoping they don't ruin T3 Cruisers!

Man of Honour
The eve community seem quite angry ATM. Any OCUK eve players getting a bit mad with CCP right now?

Recent approach sealed my decision to walk away from the game - not been back to the forums, even loaded it up as alpha or given it another thought in weeks even months until I saw this thread bumped. I had hoped, though not really expecting it, when it went alpha to see a bit of a direction change in dev approach.

Soldato
The recent anger at CCP has died down somewhat, many were upset at changes to fighters, and the fact that known exploiters were receiving huge rewards on their 100s of accounts that they use for skillpoint farming.

On another note, have a video.:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The recent anger at CCP has died down somewhat, many were upset at changes to fighters, and the fact that known exploiters were receiving huge rewards on their 100s of accounts that they use for skillpoint farming.

On another note, have a video.:

Ok what have i just watched ?

Associate
So decided to log back in now that they do the free accounts, only to find the additional requirements for half my ships :( which sucks

I'm half tempted to resub as I have so much of this plex stuff on my accounts, certainly enough for 30 days free play on all my accounts

Soldato
Played EVE Online today for 2 hours while Twitch streaming it. I was pretty happy. The tutorial was OK (although still left me a little confused in places but Twitch chat helped me out) and I'm looking forward to playing more and doing some more Twitch streams. I'll be playing this much more often.

I also subscribed so I am an Omega account. I also seem to have 285 PLEX for some reason but have no idea how I got them because I certainly never bought them. I guess I can sell them and get a decent ship to start with. Stupidly I forgot to set a skill to train so in the future I'll remember to do that.

Soldato
I also seem to have 285 PLEX for some reason but have no idea how I got them because I certainly never bought them. I guess I can sell them and get a decent ship to start with. Stupidly I forgot to set a skill to train so in the future I'll remember to do that.

They removed the Aurum store currency, it is all PLEX now, they turned all remaining Aurum into PLEX. You may have had some gifted to you by CCP over Christmas one year, if you don't remember using Aurum. You now need 500 PLEX for 30 days subscription.

Soldato
They removed the Aurum store currency, it is all PLEX now, they turned all remaining Aurum into PLEX. You may have had some gifted to you by CCP over Christmas one year, if you don't remember using Aurum. You now need 500 PLEX for 30 days subscription.

Ah, it must have been a gift then because I never had any Aurum either. Anyway I sold the PLEX for a decent amount of cash and now I'm finishing off the Sisters of EVE mission arc. I've been playing EVE Online all week with some really helpful hints and tips from Twitch which has got me started. Now I just need to decide what to do when I finish the Sisters of EVE mission arc. Not sure if I want to jump straight into PvP or do something a bit different first. Either way I have enough money to risk losing a few ships to practice.

Man of Honour
Sigh another site that kicks up a fuss redirecting me away from the page unless I disable javascript because it falsely detects that I have an adblocker installed - the irony being if I had an adblocker installed I wouldn't see that notice. (EDIT: Even funnier I then pull it from like google or similiar cache which strips a lot of ads anyhow).

Shake ups of big alliances like that on the one hand can only do good things for the game IMO on the other hand though probably means a fair few players will quit which CCP doesn't really need right now with the steady decline in active players.

Soldato

Banning somebody for that? What a ******* joke. I've lost count of the amount of salt-tainted death threats I've received in game, the vast majority of them were a lot worse and way more detailed than simply lopping my hands off. Some even included family members too. I just laugh at them and scoop their loot.

Back
Top Bottom