The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Associate
Eve is a job not a game, I spent 9 years wasting my time in this game, sitting on gates for hours with no fun, joining fleet operations at 5am to take stations to basically just end up in a pod and fly back for 3 hours.

In the end I didn't turn up I think twice and was booted from the corp.

Not a game, more of a job unless u wanna stay in high sec and mine roids all day to make peanuts. Game has been dead for a long time to me.

Soldato
Thank you very much. I have already read a bit on fandom about all objects, a bit about minning and ships. I have already started the adventure. Thank you very much

If you're looking for a corp and you're newish, check out Eve University and Red vs Blue.

Both very well known corps for training up in, they should still be going :)

Associate
Okay, this sounds like something suitable for me :) You are wonderful, when I get back from work I sit down. I have already heard that EVE is a job because I was interested in Elite Dangerous and there were a lot of memes there. For now I'm in love, thank you

Soldato
I've just logged into the eve portal on my phone and decided to look at my character who has been dormant for years.

I'm confused at it's in an omega state and it has 785 Plex in the account. What is going on here? Did CCP hand a load of Plex out in the past?

I'm also still in the OCUK corp is this still actively being run!?

Soldato
I've just logged into the eve portal on my phone and decided to look at my character who has been dormant for years.

I'm confused at it's in an omega state and it has 785 Plex in the account. What is going on here? Did CCP hand a load of Plex out in the past?

1 plex is worth hardly anything, gone are the dayz when 1 plex was worth 300M, 600M, 900M etc :)

You have not come back as a trillionaire lol

I had same thoughts too, eve has turned to bs, leave it to die

Associate

I've not logged on in a very long time so.. No not actively being run sorry!

Man of Honour

As others have mentioned they split PLEX up into smaller chunks so they could use it for buying other things when their alternative currency (Aurum?) for buying vanity items failed to take off so 1 PLEX converted into like 500 or something and they handed out some small bits for various things so you won't have a round number.

EDIT: Looking at the latest update patch notes I'm glad I don't play the game any more just constant re-tweaking of ships to reduce their capabilities and homogenising the things that used to stand out that made the game fun and little in the way of real new content.

Last edited:
Caporegime
As others have mentioned they split PLEX up into smaller chunks so they could use it for buying other things when their alternative currency (Aurum?) for buying vanity items failed to take off so 1 PLEX converted into like 500 or something and they handed out some small bits for various things so you won't have a round number.

EDIT: Looking at the latest update patch notes I'm glad I don't play the game any more just constant re-tweaking of ships to reduce their capabilities and homogenising the things that used to stand out that made the game fun and little in the way of real new content.
it was getting boring, everyone was flying 2bil isk lokis for pvp

I'm still playing in evictus alliance but I only login for pvp pings.

was in a huge fight the other day 1044 vs 978 lasted for 2 hours lol
https://zkillboard.com/related/30000626/202004162200/
I was on the winning side though and didn't lose my ship :D
we had 4 different fleets all with a capital logi ship in each one :D

It's crazy eve is still going strong and if you look at the all time server graph
tAjSLYF.png

the player numbers are actually going up again for awhile now, so I guess most people aren't against the changes

Last edited:
Man of Honour
the player numbers are actually going up again for awhile now, so I guess most people aren't against the changes

Always get a bit of an uptick with the winter and now you've got coronavirus to thank so I don't think it entirely reflects what people feel about the changes.

it was getting boring, everyone was flying 2bil isk lokis for pvp

We used to regularly fly expensive Lokis for PVP :p but it was rarely boring

https://zkillboard.com/kill/31813257/

https://zkillboard.com/kill/34966464/

Lost one of those because our triage pilot was dicking about and crashed his computer mid fight :( and the other because the player only had level 3 skills for the remote reps and after his bitching at people flying capitals without level 5 skills a couple of days before I assumed he'd be able to rep at max range LOL - but still great fights.

Some of if not the most fun fights I had in the game were when we stuck a triage carrier and ~15 T3s out a wormhole and took on 100+ man nullsec defence fleets - some of which went our way some didn't.

EDIT: Actually the Whale Girth fight I kind of messed up with the Loki - when our triage pilot crashed his computer I warped the Loki out and swapped to Rroff to bring a Moros in to burn down their triage and even things up as a brawl but then stupidly warped the Loki back in again - if I'd held it back until nearer the end I could have taken some of their T3s with me as the last bit of the fight was just me trying to alpha their tech 3s while waiting for death as I couldn't break the Naglfar's tank and had 3 of them into structure but couldn't quite finish them without a point and/or webs when they got into orbit - with the buffer + AB on the Loki I could have held out long enough with the Moro's DPS versus how quickly they could kill it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
never seen any small wormhole groups that want to fight only those Russian guys and Volta in their huge gangs.

We had an epic fail vs some wormholers the other month, we chased around 20 guys to their wormhole, jumped in with around 20 munnins and some smaller stuff

some guy in our alliance thinks he's doing a good deed by closing the hole and jumps in behind us with a megathron and the hole closes lol...
He was only around 10 seconds behind us as well

anyway we had no probes so just warped to a safe spot wondering wtf to do, the wormholers who live in the hole all reship and dominate us

haha it was CODE.
https://zkillboard.com/related/31000708/202002151700/

bet they had super blingy ships though

Man of Honour
never seen any small wormhole groups that want to fight only those Russian guys and Volta in their huge gangs.

We had an epic fail vs some wormholers the other month, we chased around 20 guys to their wormhole, jumped in with around 20 munnins and some smaller stuff

some guy in our alliance thinks he's doing a good deed by closing the hole and jumps in behind us with a megathron and the hole closes lol...
He was only around 10 seconds behind us as well

anyway we had no probes so just warped to a safe spot wondering wtf to do, the wormholers who live in the hole all reship and dominate us

haha it was CODE.
https://zkillboard.com/related/31000708/202002151700/

bet they had super blingy ships though

Mostly coz a lot of the people who would do that left around 2015 partly due to a lot of the changes around then - there were a bunch of groups like Ministry that I was with who would take a fight.

Yeah if you jump into someone's home wormhole, atleast back when I played, they'd likely have a super blingy response fleet if they were willing to engage for instance:

https://zkillboard.com/related/31001957/201405101900/

(Props to Jedi as well they jumped into our WH which limited them to 3 capitals and actively took the fight when they could have run away despite us having a lot more weight of capitals on standby - it wasn't quite as unbalanced as it looks as they had more stuff that escaped but doesn't show on the BR as they didn't kill anything of ours in that fight).

It is worth training an alt to covert ops if you are going to chase groups into a wormhole unless you are playing fully disposable style (which personally I hated - I found that manner of PVP in Eve incredibly boring I'd rather lose something I cared about in a good fight than just take any fight going with cheap ****).

Soldato
What with the lockdown, I resubbed Eve Online the other week, back playing with many of the old KICK guys. Nice blast from the past remembering fights from years and years ago! Living in a C2, so not got the capitals to deal with like our old C5, although the meta has moved away from caps anyway as the new Trig ships are so OP currently. Reposted that battlereport over on our Discord @Rroff, everyone missing the old days of dropping Dreads on people :D

Had an excellent multi-round brawl yesterday, one expensive loss our side due to a Falcon jamming our Guardian's constantly whilst holding out of range, but a lot of kills. Hard work for a few of us more rusty players dual boxing (glad my Legion is an easy ship to fly alongside a Guardian...), plus we've got a bunch of new players in weaker ships. Good fun all round, some lessons learnt, enjoyment of Eve rekindled!
https://br.evetools.org/related/31001410/202005051800/
https://br.evetools.org/related/31000475/202005051900/

Man of Honour
I wondered if some would come back with the lockdown. I miss the days when we lived out of that C3 and wormhole space was like a frontier - no game before or since has lived upto that gameplay experience. I'm surprised Guardians haven't been nerfed into the ground by now.

Soldato
Back in TXSI? They were good times, although I preferred it a little later once we'd merged with KICK and knew a bit more about PvP!

Guardian's have been partly nerfed, partly nerfed by proxy. They're harder to fit than they used to be - you can't run a full set of T2 RR/Transfers in the highs without serious compromise, plus resist modules have been made weaker across the board. Short range T2 ammo has had a big damage boost too, so all in all there are a lot more ships dying. Add in the Triglavian ships we're their huge peak dps, or a peak rep amount (on their Logi) that seriously outpaces a Guardian for RR and there is definitely more pressure on Guardians!

Man of Honour
Back in TXSI? They were good times, although I preferred it a little later once we'd merged with KICK and knew a bit more about PvP!

Yeah, the later stuff was more fun but in terms of gameplay experience not much matches the expeditionary feel of the early days of TXSI's first few months in wormhole space.

Man of Honour
They're harder to fit than they used to be

Those are the kind of changes to Eve that bore the absolute **** out of me and why I'm not at all tempted to come back.

Sometime I'm gonna have to get a little game project started to reproduce some of what I used to enjoy with Eve.

Back
Top Bottom