**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
What a wonderful, unpredictable and horribly unforgiving sport this is.

Conor ate shots against almost everyone he fought. Only so long that can last at the highest level. This'll slow down the train considerably, but he'll be back. Beautiful work from Nate. Give that man the cheque he deserves. He's a needle mover for sure. **** you, Dana.

Kudos to both guys for stepping up. Great fight.

Caporegime
Doubt he'll ever fight at 170 again, hopefully this humbles him a bit. He cracked Nate 3 times with that left haymaker and it didn't even wobble him.

He'll not be saying weights divisions don't mean **** now, that's for sure.

Suspended
Weight classes exist for a reason. Connors best shots didn't hurt Nate.

Really thrilled Tate took the W though :D might be a way to lure Rhonda back to the sport.

You say that, but it doesn't seem an issue in HW boxing. Haye gave at least 3 stone to Valuev and still won.

Rhonda was exposed as a low skill one trick pony; she isn't over the loss yet.

Associate
Nate just took the shots that usually knock out featherweights.. conor wrong to move up but at least he tried i guess.. aldo will lose again so i dont know why hes getting cocky but ok.

Soldato
OP
Nate just took the shots that usually knock out featherweights.. conor wrong to move up but at least he tried i guess.. aldo will lose again so i dont know why hes getting cocky but ok.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Aldo is a beast I know he lost but a 2nd fight even if he lost again would not go down that way.

He 100% has the ability to beat Mcgregor.

Even if Aldo loses again McGregor should be made to fight Edgar before he even entertains trying to fight another champ.

Soldato
I just caught the second round. Conor looked gassed out, he could hardly throw a meaningful punch. As soon as Diaz landed one flush on him he buckled, and you could see the end was nigh. Stepping up from 145 to 170 is crazy.

Soldato
Hype train well and truly derailed.

I think that's harsh - Conor stepped up 25lbs for this fight - one of the only fighters to even consider it, let alone do it.

Lets not forget he's still the 145lb champion.

Thought Tate looked superb - good gameplan - took her time and got the win.

Tough one for McGregor - Nate was always in a win win situation. He wins the fight - great, he looses and still no hassle for him as it's McGregor. (rumours he was paid $1 million for the fight and win bonus)

McGregor looked good in the 1st, handed out some punishment but going up 25lb, he looked slower than usual but in the end getting hit by a 170lb fighter is vastly different to a 145lb fighter and overall I think that took it's toll.

Nice and humble in defeat, pre fight stuff is the same from everyone to sell fights and PPV etc.

He'll be back fighting at 145/155lb. I still think it takes balls to step up 25lbs and take on anyone so can't fault him for that.

Back
Top Bottom