**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

He needs to seriously work on his ground defense now though as everyone knows it's the easiest way to beat him.

Indeed Diaz is a master of taking the back for a submission, he knew that and literally gave him his back. As someone who practices BJJ myself, Mcgregor made some alarming mistakes. His ground game needs drastic improvements.

I just caught the second round. Conor looked gassed out, he could hardly throw a meaningful punch. As soon as Diaz landed one flush on him he buckled, and you could see the end was nigh. Stepping up from 145 to 170 is crazy.

Please. It was a 170 on paper fight. In reality it was a 155 fight with no cut. They both weighed within 1lb of each other on the scale. I doubt either of them needed to cut.

Nate has fought at 170 but he isn't even ranked there. He is a natural 155 fighter.

If he had fought someone like McDonald this argument has some substance. But he fought a 155er in Nate. If Nate had time he would have been at 155.

I also don't buy the "humble" McGregor. He keeps referencing the bigger man. The bigger man can take his punches. Nate can take his punches I'm sure other 155ers can't. How about giving Nate some props ? He isn't even a hard puncher and he rocked you. RDA shouldn't even be in the picture for him right now, go defend the 145 belt against aldo and Frankie then think about 155.

Last edited:
Bit of surprise for me that result. I didn't expect an easy finish, but I figured Connor would be too fast and brutalise Nate from the outside for the full 5 rounds.

Crazy fight, Nate got battered. His speech was wobbly and he looked like QWOP walking out of the arena. I said to my brother I wouldn't be surprised to Google him and find out he's dead.

I didn't think much of, Miesha before her fight. Always whinging about, Ronda. But tonight she's gained much respect from me.

McGregor learnt a similar lesson Silva did against Weidman. You don't mess around until you've won the fight. He got cocky too soon and when Nate Diaz rocks you, it's a difficult road back. If he'd kept the pressure on, Diaz wasn't enjoying that.

I had Nate winning all along. Had the people claiming Conor by 1st/2nd round TKO ever seen him fight? Diaz brothers are renowned for their chins and fighting spirit and their Jiu Jitsu is insane while Conor's ground game is almost non existant. Just wish I bet more than £5 on Nate by sub now.

On Tate, it was great seeing her finally achieve UFC Gold but I can't help thinking it's just an easy way for Ronda to come and regain her title.

Hopefully that's knocked the cocky **** down a few pegs.

Is he really a cocky ***** though ? He talks up fights to sell them... It's just for show. He is always humble afterwards wether win or lose. And most of the time before..

Guys like aldo talking trash the second the fight ended but having no interest in selling fights themselves are far worse for the sport

I've only recently started watching UFC. As a long time boxing fan it seems incredibly exciting. It takes seconds for a fight to be won or lost, even against the run of play as it were which doesn't tend to happen that often in boxing. Really enjoyed the Holm/Tate fight. McGregor has fast hands, but it was nice to see Nate take the win.

What's the score with Nick Diaz? What weight does he fight at?

Last edited:
Is he really a cocky ***** though ? He talks up fights to sell them... It's just for show. He is always humble afterwards wether win or lose. And most of the time before..

Guys like aldo talking trash the second the fight ended but having no interest in selling fights themselves are far worse for the sport

Do you really beleive that "humble" line? I like Connor, so this isn't to bash him... but seriously, did you see the press conference after the Siver fight? Or infact anything he has done lately? Like when he won an award at the peoples choice MMA awards or whatever the **** it was called. "I'm here working, putting food on the table for you bums, somebody has to feed you" - humble is a term that simply does not apply to the guy.

I've only recently started watching UFC. As a long time boxing fan it seems incredibly exciting. It takes seconds for a fight to be won or lost, even against the run of play as it were which doesn't tend to happen that often in boxing. Really enjoyed the Holm/Tate fight. McGregor has fast hands, but it was nice to see Nate take the win.

What's the score with Nick Diaz? What weight does he fight at?

I first got into UFC because like you I liked the fact the fights could end in a second. Now I enjoy all aspects of MMA, the wrestling and BJJ is just as fascinating as the stand up.

Nick Diaz fought Anderson Silva (his last fight) at 185 but he's a natural Welterweight so it's likely he'll be fighting at 170 when he returns.

I'm gutted Conor lost but his ground game needs work which was apparent from the Chad Mendes fight. Still a good fight though as was the Holm v Tate fight :D

Just watched it.... What a night :D

Really happy for Tate as its been a long time coming for her.

Not sure why McGregor took a top level BJJ guy down to the ground. Possibly he was rocked and thought this would help him recover? Not sure but it was a bad idea. Nate is the same in most of his fights... He takes a while to get going then the punches just start and they land HARD.

This is why I prefer boxing, I mean why do they even bother to fight they should all just try to strangle each other from the outset.Submissions should be removed as long as they stay in mma will never surpass boxing.Only in mma can you get beaten up lose badly and still win just because you get a choke hold in.

This is why I prefer boxing, I mean why do they even bother to fight they should all just try to strangle each other from the outset.Submissions should be removed as long as they stay in mma will never surpass boxing.Only in mma can you get beaten up lose badly and still win just because you get a choke hold in.

I don't even :confused:

boxings for pussys, come at me bro :cool:

I'm gutted Conor lost but his ground game needs work which was apparent from the Chad Mendes fight. Still a good fight though as was the Holm v Tate fight :D

Was really surprised. He was in total control and quickly got rocked. He then tried the take down which was probably his worst decision. He took too many as he didn't bother blocking or give Nate any respect.

boxings for pussys, come at me bro :cool:

really ? mma will go back to obscurity when Mcgregor retires.
Watching people roll around on the floor trying to choke eachother is boring..Mcgregor brought in new fans because he's a striker when they go back to 2 dudes clinched on the floor it's boring.

Last edited:
really ? mma will go back to obscurity when Mcgregor retires.
Watching people roll around on the floor trying to choke eachother is boring..Mcgregor brought in new fans because he's a striker when they go back to 2 dudes clinched on the floor it's boring.

Its a fast growing sport. Boxing is so weighed down with politics its barely a sport which is a damn shame as I would enjoy both.

McGregor getting beat has made my day.

Ha, because boxing has been the height of excitement for the last 15 years, right?

MMA is growing and growing, it won't stop just because McGregor isn't a multi weight champion.

I'd learn to love it if I were you, give it another 10 years and it'll be boxing fading into obscurity not MMA.

Back
Top Bottom