**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
That's honestly the only positive. In every other way this rematch makes ZERO sense. Hope Edgar goes on a shooting spree* if it goes ahead.

*Obviously no innocent casualties, only Dana.

Associate
Why? Just why? He got whooped, ffs.

Well he got caught, then choked out while he was exhausted. I have no idea why he was exhausted but only he must know why he wants rematch.

Conor wasn't exactly banged up, maybe he thinks 3 or 4 round like the 1st and he wins on cutting Nate bad or takes it on points?

Dana's must love this kid! Dana's eyes must my like $_$

Soldato
Not exactly 'caught', more continuously punched in the face. He took enough damage to the head that he felt like he needed to shoot for a takedown. That's a lot of damage.

Associate
Not exactly 'caught', more continuously punched in the face. He took enough damage to the head that he felt like he needed to shoot for a takedown. That's a lot of damage.

Yeh true but normally you see that time and time again in UFC, 1st time for Conor I've seen.

What I dont get is the man is not stupid, so why he try for re-match?

Soldato
You have misunderstood that post. I'm not confused as to why Conor wants to rectify the loss, I'm questioning why the thought of a rematch is even being entertained.

Associate
Excellent event this morning.

Great main card, Jake Matthews pulling out a stellar performance in his home country and very glad for him getting the job done.

My lordy Neil Magny what an absolute warrior, I don't think you can give enough credit to the guy, I mean he sustained a 3 minute battering from one of the most dangerous guys in those top positions to come back in round 2. Magny came out clearly looking fresher in the second & third round peppering Lightning with the jab and combinations. Up'd the pace second round and got the finish in the third, truely spectacular performance.

Only caught the punch from Hunt in the main event but that looked like it was enough, walk off KO perfec way to end the night! :)

Soldato
Money. Connor's a draw and no doubt, even with the loss.

Pointless rematch imo - Connor is the 145lb champ, make him defend against Edgar or Aldo at UFC 200 and if you want to reward Diaz for his win, give him a shot against Dos Anjos for the 155lb title!

If all goes to plan it could set up a rematch AND title showdown later on down the road!

A pointless rematch at Welterweight with no title on the line is a waste of an opportunity imo!

Caporegime
That route makes a lot more sense StevieP, all I can think is that Connor has demanded a rematch and Dana isn't going to say no to him after all the attention and money he's brought to the UFC in the past year. Thing is though if he loses again his worth drops even more.

Associate
That route makes a lot more sense StevieP, all I can think is that Connor has demanded a rematch and Dana isn't going to say no to him after all the attention and money he's brought to the UFC in the past year. Thing is though if he loses again his worth drops even more.

Agree with that and what StevieP has to say, its a tricky situation with Conor being such a huge draw for the UFC right now. I personally want to see a defense @ 145 as a fan but not sniffing at a rematch.

Soldato
You've got to think its all to do with milking as much money from the Conor bandwagon as possible.

Lets say he fights Nate again, he loses, oh well he is a 145lber stepping up! We've still got superfights for him at 145lb, now give us your money!

Back
Top Bottom