**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Enjoyed tonight's card, some decent fights in there!

Surprised that Rothwell was so lethargic - you could see from the first 3 minutes that he needed to get Cigano up against the cage and make it a dirty fight otherwise he was just going to get picked off!!!

Impressed with Derrick Lewis - great KO power to spark Gonzaga out like that!

Also impressed with Ngannou - looks like he could be a future star!

Caporegime
Fair play to Horcher for stepping up on short notice against by Khabib, but that was pure domination. Hopefully he can stay healthy and rag doll Dos Anjos again.

Big win for Teixeira as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a fan of Teixeira but Evans was never at the races in my opinion! He's been poor ever since the Jones defeat and I really don't think he has it mentally any more!

Shame really as he's had some cracking fights over the years - if you've never seen it, I'd recommend watching his Ultimate Fighter win against Brad Imes - and at heavyweight no less!

Caporegime
The 2 year injury layoff hasn't done him any favours at all, he's also no spring chicken so would imagine it's harder to come back from being inactive for so long.

Would love to see him try and move down to 185 for his last few fights, imo something he should've done years ago.

Caporegime
I doubt Conor would retire like that.

A) He loves money too much
B) He would want as much media attention as possible
C) He's way too young

I'm calling BS, probably come out in a couple of days and say he was hacked.

If it's legit, only reason I can think of is the lad who died on the Ireland card a couple of weeks back, maybe it's messed with his head. Would be sad if true, MMA needs characters.

Edit: https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/722515043376607234

Well, ****.

Last edited:
Soldato
Jesus id also call BS and publicity stunt but seeing other reputable tweets is baffling me. I dint think he would let his fan Base and Ireland down let alone the amount of money he makes.

Soldato
If it's on the level then it seems a very odd time to make the announcement given that his rematch with Diaz is already official for UFC 200 which is the best part of 3 months away!?!?! (would he be contractually obliged to go through with it??)

I'm assuming there has been no official comment from Dana/UFC?

Soldato
Seen who mcgregors last followers are on twitter?

Becky Lynch
Triple H
Stephanie Mcmahon
SHane Mcmahon

has wwe bought him out?

maybe thinks hey I can make more money and not actually get hurt...

Soldato
Hes been found out so hes got out... haha fraud.

He's hardly been "found out" - he lost a fight at a weight that he wasn't accustomed to against a pretty decent fighter!

I'm not taking anything away from Diaz, he stuck in there and got a deserved win but McGregor has dominated everyone else he's fought in the UFC, along with something like a 15 fight win-streak along the way!

If McGregor does retire you could argue that he's actually the smartest MMA competitor in history - got in, made some noise, which led to him making LOTS of money and then got out at a young age with his health!

I'm fairly sure he could go on to be an extremely wealthy person without ever having to put his health on the line again!

Caporegime
There's a rumour doing the rounds that Diaz has asked for a certain amount of money for the fight, the UFC have said no and Diaz has said he won't fight. Conor wants to fight Diaz so is refusing to fight also.

Diaz also tweeted something along the same lines as Conor, but it's a bit hard to tell if he's just trying to wind Conor up, or they're both in this together. All very cryptic at the moment.

Either way I bet Dana is sweating right now, when do the UFC 200 tickets go on sale? Couple of weeks? He won't be happy :p

Oh, and I discovered this on the UG in a discussion about Conor - LOL at Rashad, Khabib and Rogan :D

3o6ozuMxhPtyCdaGiY.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom