**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Seeing rumours Mousasi is off to Bellator :confused:.... massive mistake from the UFC if that happens, very entertaining fighter and a legit title contender.

Another quality contender picked up by Bellator - although personally I've never found Mousasi that entertaining - most of the time he just looks miserable and disinterested during fights! The UFC are going to have to take a long hard look at the Reebok deal if this continues!

Permabanned
Another mistake by the new owners in letting Mousasi go. UFC seems to be on a downwards slope right now and has been for some time. Bellator on the other hand seems to be gradually gaining momentum.

I still cannot believe they got rid of Goldberg and brought in this terrible former WWE commentator Todd Grisham. He's awful. I am literally going to avoid watching all events which he is commentating. I honestly have no idea what the new owners are thinking but they seem quite content with running the company into the ground.

Associate
Agreed, Grisham is awful. I liked the three man booth however after watching Bellator NYC and hearing Goldie again, I don't understand why the UFC let him go.

Any why have they let Mousasi go? Bellator is on the up.

Caporegime
I read that some UFC executive felt he wasn't worth the money he was asking for based on his popularity.

Which feels strange, I also read that out of 12 fights he was the co-main/main event in 11 of them (Quite a few of these were free cards mind). Still, if he isn't popular, why would they keep putting him in the top 1/2 fights on a card?

I think that's a massive signing for Bellator, one of the top MW in the world who is more than happy to fight in multiple weight classes. Wouldn't be surprised to see him taking on fights at 205 again as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Reminds me of Tim Boetsch Vs David Heath from back in the day, that was awesome :)

tumblr_mi71pza3kl1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

UFC 81, wow, feels like a long time ago!

Caporegime
Some very good matchups this weekend for UFC on Fox 25.

I'm thinking Gastelum takes Weidman (will be 4 losses in a row if he does!) and the Almeida vs Rivera fight should be a cracker.

Chris Weidman vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Dennis Bermudez vs. Darren Elkins
Patrick Cummins vs. Gian Villante
Jimmie Rivera vs. Thomas Almeida

Caporegime
Weidman far too big for Gastelum, I didn't think the size difference would be that extreme. Must've been 20-30 pounds difference.

Gastelum needs to sort his diet out and make a run at his natural weight class - 170.

Weidman is a bit of a **** though, first the whole Mousasi thing then wants to call the champ out when he's 1-3 and just beat a 170 pounder? No Chris.

Man of Honour
^^ only really interested in watching Lawler - Cerrone, both great fighters that dont talk smack
i got no interest in DC,
Woodleys been playing the race card too much,
Cyborg is only there cause Dana is trying to make up for joking about her

Back
Top Bottom