**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Ree

Ree

Associate
watch the ufc ramp up that hype train until someone like tim boetsch knocks his block off :D

in all seriousness he looked very impressive it will be interesting to see how quickly they step him up in class as they are desperate for a new star.

was nice to see that happen to rockhold the guy is a ****.

Soldato
Quality KO of Rockhold - couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy imo - I'm no particular fan of Romero but his gameplan was spot on - take it easy in the early rounds to avoid blowing up and pick his spot! (and earning me £90 at the same time is always nice!)

Shame he missed weight but I can live without yet another interim champion for the time being!

Soldato
Anyone else watch the prelims? The first fight was ridiculous, the most enjoyable ground based fight I've seen women fight in for a long time with Moras doing loads of ground and pound and keeping very active yet the ref decides to stand them up. Never seen anything like it as many fights are lay and pray with no action for long durations of the round. Completely changed the fight around as she got dropped shortly after. Still think she should have won the first round and drawn the following 2 yet one judge scored it 27-30. Rest of the card was actually pretty good for a change.

Associate
Anyone else watch the prelims? The first fight was ridiculous, the most enjoyable ground based fight I've seen women fight in for a long time with Moras doing loads of ground and pound and keeping very active yet the ref decides to stand them up. Never seen anything like it as many fights are lay and pray with no action for long durations of the round. Completely changed the fight around as she got dropped shortly after. Still think she should have won the first round and drawn the following 2 yet one judge scored it 27-30. Rest of the card was actually pretty good for a change.

Yep agreed, it was the best women's fight I've watched for a while.

Anyone else think Cowboy looked better than usual? His movement and counters looked very good.

Caporegime
Finally got around to watching last weeks fight night, was a pretty good night of fights.

Can't wait to see Lewis get sparked out again though, his whole fight celebration thing is so annoying.

Caporegime
Is there a worse ref than 'Big Dan'? He's always been atrocious and another example last night, two elbows to the back of the head followed by a clearly illegal knee (he lands on the way back down). The guy is a clown.

Ree

Ree

Associate
mazzagatti is the worst by far.. followed closely by yamasaki, big dan and winslow if she's still reffing. quite a few bad ones really. to be fair all the refs have had their moments but some a lot more than others.

Associate
Is there a worse ref than 'Big Dan'? He's always been atrocious and another example last night, two elbows to the back of the head followed by a clearly illegal knee (he lands on the way back down). The guy is a clown.

I have no issue whatsoever with the decisions in that fight. The ref missed OSP tapping in his bout though. He fell asleep shortly after, so it wasn't prolonged too much.

Love watching Andrade fight. She's like the incoming tide. Relentless and unstoppable.

Caporegime
Jones CSAC hearing today apparently, hope they throw the book at him, cheating scumbag.

His defense should be amusing though, wonder if he's going to go down the cookie cutter 'tainted supplement' line that every other roider rolls out.

Soldato
Jones got a year ban backdated to August 17 and the maximum fine available.

USADA could still ban him for up to four years if they want.

Caporegime
Absolute train wreck for Jones, he basically admitted forging WADA documents and not declaring certain supplements he was taking. He had zero defense, nada, nothing, his main scientist witness admitted it was just his personal opinion that Jones hadn't juiced willingly, he had no scientific evidence. Oh, and he based his opinion on reading a bodybuilding forum :p

When given the chance to tell the commission how he was cleaning his life up, he couldn't give an answer other than he had paid a lot of money in fines.... it really was a disaster. USADA will have been watching on with great interest, i'd be amazed if they didn't ban him for a decent amount of time.

$205,000 fine and his CSAC licence revoked. Good luck getting that back, for a start he would have to run any suspensions with USADA then re-apply. The committee basically told him he'd only get his licence back with proof he was sorting his life out, as well as the obvious drug tests.

I watched it but this is quite a good summary. https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom