**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
There is doubt MVP is a talent and must watch but that is due mainly atm to him being gifted opponents just like many boxers to build their reputation.

He's only fought 2 high caliber fighters in Daley and Lima. Daley made me laugh after when they questioned him about MVP, he never gives him any credit at all and still thinks he can beat him even though the striker had his chance and he turned into a wrestler for the night lol. To me that says he's scared of MVPs stand up if he's going down the wrestling route that he's moaned about all his career haha

Caporegime
MVP is entertaining but he's demolishing complete cans, his two legit fights were Daley and Lima one of which he got brutally KO'ed.

To be fair to him he's been asking for the Lima rematch so it's not as though he's picking easy fights. Bottom line is Bellator just isn't that deep with top quality fighters.

Associate
There is doubt MVP is a talent and must watch but that is due mainly atm to him being gifted opponents just like many boxers to build their reputation.

He's only fought 2 high caliber fighters in Daley and Lima. Daley made me laugh after when they questioned him about MVP, he never gives him any credit at all and still thinks he can beat him even though the striker had his chance and he turned into a wrestler for the night lol. To me that says he's scared of MVPs stand up if he's going down the wrestling route that he's moaned about all his career haha

Daley's approach was sensible, especially after what happened when he fought Nick Diaz.

It's the job of a fighter to win and Daley nullified MVP's game, it may not be pretty but that's how you win a fight.

MVP is riding on the crest of hype as his top tier fights have shown.

I would love to see him in the UFC but I think 90% of fighters beat him.

Associate
Daley's approach was sensible, especially after what happened when he fought Nick Diaz.

It's the job of a fighter to win and Daley nullified MVP's game, it may not be pretty but that's how you win a fight.

MVP is riding on the crest of hype as his top tier fights have shown.

I would love to see him in the UFC but I think 90% of fighters beat him.

Don’t get me wrong I understand why he did it as you say you play on your opponents weakness to get the win but to still say your better than him after you turned wrestler and gave up your own best weapon says a lot.

Associate
So Tony Ferguson vs Khabib Nurmagomedov is a done deal, April 18th. This is the 5th time this has been scheduled so hopefully it goes ahead this time lol

Associate
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it!

Conor vs Cowboy also confirmed - McGregor is fun to watch but I hope Cerrone knocks him on his ***! :D

I was disappointed with this fight at first as It seems as he’s picking winnable fights again to get his name going in the 170lb division but it makes sense really after he’s coming off a loss and 1 fight in 3 years.

I guess I was just hoping to much for Justin Gaethje to get his hands on him lol

Soldato
I was disappointed with this fight at first as It seems as he’s picking winnable fights again to get his name going in the 170lb division but it makes sense really after he’s coming off a loss and 1 fight in 3 years.

I guess I was just hoping to much for Justin Gaethje to get his hands on him lol

Yeah, neither Conor or Dana were ever likely to want to go straight in against Khabib again after the mailing he got last time!

They need an entertaining fight that he can win to get his name back in lights!

Not saying he will win - depends largely which Cowboy turns up!

Caporegime
I see Dan 'worst ref in the history of MMA' Mirigliatta was up to his usual tricks at the weekend. How this clown continues to keep being allowed to ref is beyond me, he's been terrible since...well... the beginning of me watching MMA.

Associate
I see Dan 'worst ref in the history of MMA' Mirigliatta was up to his usual tricks at the weekend. How this clown continues to keep being allowed to ref is beyond me, he's been terrible since...well... the beginning of me watching MMA.

The MVP fight he officiated was the last straw for me with Mirigliotta.

Not only did he step in for showboating, he called MVP a piece of **** after. I don’t think he will ref much longer in the UFC after his officiating in the Overeem and Struve fights.

Also what a card this weekend, even the prelims have some good fights on it.

Soldato
MVP's dad used to train my wife back in the day when MVP was competing in full contact kick boxing. Having watched him several times I think he is an incredibly talented Martial artist. I think he'd do well in UFC.

Associate

He's not as bad Steve Mazzagatti :p

Back
Top Bottom