**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
So is everyone looking forward to tonight? I can't wait!!!

Whos everyone going for?

I'm going for Yan, Aldo, Nunes, Hollyway and Covington. Hopefully, Mike Perry gets a win as well. I like the guy, he's entertaining in and out of the octagon.

Soldato
Nunes was impressive, if a little boring, but dominated overall.
Yan was excellent - really impressive, ok against a previously retired 40 year old, but still a title shot for sure.
Aldo fight was a funny one - I can make a case for the outcome but probably on balance I would have given it to Aldo.
Volk v Hollaway - Again - tough fight, but the right outcome for me.
Main event was very good - Usman was superb, calculated, impressive, never really looked shaken at all. For me Usman scored constant good solid, heavy shots throughout the fight so I had him 3-1 up before the stoppage - nothing wrong with the stoppage, Colby was done at that point for me.

Ree

Ree

Associate
was a decent night of fights bar the nunes snore fest. is it just me or is joes commentating becoming a bit irritating.

Man of Honour
is it just me or is joes commentating becoming a bit irritating.

he over hypes the smallest things, always has done though tbh

just watched the highlights of a few fights on Youtube, apparently Colby was fighting the last few rounds with a broken jaw?
i've yet to watch any post fight pressers..

Ree

Ree

Associate
he over hypes the smallest things, always has done though tbh

just watched the highlights of a few fights on Youtube, apparently Colby was fighting the last few rounds with a broken jaw?
i've yet to watch any post fight pressers..

yeah goes way over the top, goldie was the worst for that.

he said on the stool his jaw got broke but av not looked up to see if it deffo was. the replay of it happening looked like it could've been.

Associate
he said on the stool his jaw got broke but av not looked up to see if it deffo was. the replay of it happening looked like it could've been.
Yup
“Following an addendum medical report completed regarding Colby Covington, it has been determined that he has suffered a non-displaced midline mandible fracture.”

Associate
It was a close fight striking wise but I can’t for the life of me see how the guy doing all the pressing which is supposedly scored as octagon control control can lose a decision.

Judges are just royally **** in MMA and boxing.

Soldato
I think the most shocking thing I learned at 245 was that José Aldo is only 33 years old! :eek:

Dude looks 45 if he's a day! He's been fighting for a long as I can remember, can't believe he's only 33!

Soldato
I think the most shocking thing I learned at 245 was that José Aldo is only 33 years old! :eek:

Dude looks 45 if he's a day! He's been fighting for a long as I can remember, can't believe he's only 33!

Conversely, if it was my first time watching MMA I'd be surprised to hear that Faber is 40! The guy looks pretty incredible for his age.

Associate
Conversely, if it was my first time watching MMA I'd be surprised to hear that Faber is 40! The guy looks pretty incredible for his age.

Aldo in the WEC was an absolute beast. Urijah Faber breaking both hands against Mike Brown always springs to mind when I think of the WEC. The guy had no quit in him even though he could only throw elbows in the standup but still fought on.

Soldato
A co-promotional event happening on the 29th of December between Bellator MMA and Rizin - at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellator_MMA_in_2019#Bellator_&_Rizin:_Japan

Bellator 237 Card

Heavyweight: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Quinton Jackson
Catchweight 160 lbs: Michael Chandler vs. Sidney Outlaw
Catchweight 173 lbs: Michael Page vs. Shinsho Anzai
Welterweight: Keita Nakamura vs. Lorenz Larkin
Women's Flyweight: Kana Watanabe vs. Ilara Joanne
Lightweight: Daron Cruickshank vs. Goiti Yamauchi

Bellator-Rizin Card

Lightweight: Yusuke Yachi vs. Hiroto Uesako
Super Atomweight 49 kg: Kanna Asakura vs. Jayme Hinshaw
Strawweight: Haruo Ochi vs. Jarred Brooks
Catchweight 68 kg: (Kickboxing): Ren Hiramoto vs. Takahiro Ashida
Catchweight 58 kg: Yusaku Nakamura vs. Makoto Shinryu
Women's Super Atomweight: Andy Nguyen vs. Ai Shimizu
Welterweight: Ryuichiro Sumimura vs. Jon Tuck
Heavyweight 120 kg: Shoma Shibisai vs. Sergey Shemetov

Associate
So, Rampage weighed in at 260, if he connects then Fedor is getting murked.

Yeah, I may have made that this comment without seeing the weigh-in.

I expected Rampage to at least come in partly in shape, although I guess round is a shape, right lol.

I never thought I would see the day that Rampage took a dive in a fight :(

Back
Top Bottom