*** The Official FIFA 17 Thread ***

Associate
I went 11-11 in the weekend league. just found my team selection isn't ruthless enough, and the other players are too keen to exploit bugs as it stands. Only had 1 utter pasting off someone.

Need to rethink my system for next week, RPL just won't cut it at this level :blush:

Soldato
Just thought I'd give the bronze pack method a go. It's a grind and you have to rely on packing something decent every now and then, but I can see it's benefits long term. Just sold a Rangers kit for 4k, along with some other bits sold I'm only slightly down.

Soldato
fuming with the game today, lost 5 on the spin in the champions cup got to silver 2 and had enough. Virtually not enjoyable at that level its insane, and whats with the players chesting everything in the box before either shooting or clearing so frustrating.

Soldato
As others said FUT Champions cup was a complete crap slog and did not enjoy most of the games...

a. A lot of people using Park the Bus from kickoff - relying on you attack and then commit so they have less defence to negotiate. One guy I played had no intentions to attack or commit to take the ball of me and felt he was waiting for penalties - felt so good to beat him 5 4 in penalties!

b. Most games were running at 1000mph turbo mode on ice skates or 0.00001 tortoise mode. Made games very frustrating as players were not moving correctly etc.. (lag? EAIDS? **** knows!)

c. People wasting time when going 1 goal up in first half - really?

First day won 9 out of 14. Second won 5 out of 14 (day 2 I couldn't be bothered any more)

Managed to get Silver 1 (Won 14 games out of 28)

Reading on reddit a lot of others are getting similar games (either super fast of slow) - makes me laugh the people im playing ARE NOT AFFECTED BY IT!

Supposedly the game is played on EA servers? Hmmmm

Soldato
As others said FUT Champions cup was a complete crap slog and did not enjoy most of the games...

a. A lot of people using Park the Bus from kickoff - relying on you attack and then commit so they have less defence to negotiate. One guy I played had no intentions to attack or commit to take the ball of me and felt he was waiting for penalties - felt so good to beat him 5 4 in penalties!

b. Most games were running at 1000mph turbo mode on ice skates or 0.00001 tortoise mode. Made games very frustrating as players were not moving correctly etc.. (lag? EAIDS? **** knows!)

c. People wasting time when going 1 goal up in first half - really?

First day won 9 out of 14. Second won 5 out of 14 (day 2 I couldn't be bothered any more)

Managed to get Silver 1 (Won 14 games out of 28)

Reading on reddit a lot of others are getting similar games (either super fast of slow) - makes me laugh the people im playing ARE NOT AFFECTED BY IT!

Supposedly the game is played on EA servers? Hmmmm

all my games were quick, i play fast attacking football mind. However it was at the point were we was up and down the pitch countering each other in a blink of an eye and you new deep down someone was going to score sooner or later and typically it was my opponent. Wierd, if thats what division 1 is like i dont want no part of it.

Soldato
all my games were quick, i play fast attacking football mind. However it was at the point were we was up and down the pitch countering each other in a blink of an eye and you new deep down someone was going to score sooner or later and typically it was my opponent. Wierd, if thats what division 1 is like i dont want no part of it.

The game speed is ridiculously fast and the players feel like they are on ice skates and take a while to stop moving... Crosses are so fast you cant see or react before the ball is in the back of the net... the ball is pinged around so fast..

Im not talking about playing fast forward moving football - Im talking about the speed the game is....

This is compared to playing a good network FUT game or single player FUT game - which is baseline speed...

Soldato
The game speed is ridiculously fast and the players feel like they are on ice skates and take a while to stop moving... Crosses are so fast you cant see or react before the ball is in the back of the net... the ball is pinged around so fast..

Im not talking about playing fast forward moving football - Im talking about the speed the game is....

This is compared to playing a good network FUT game or single player FUT game - which is baseline speed...

Yeah i certainly noticed it, was bizaar. I really wanted to hammer the cup but i feared for my controller. Online seasons is much more enjoyable and ill be happy to not use that crap hybrid again.

Associate
Is no one else having connection issues?

Everytime I try to play a game/change my squad or do a squad builder challenge, I get an error message 'failed to connect to UT servers'.

Please help :(

Soldato
had a feeling there would be a united/liverpool squad building challenge so bought a few lingards for 700 coins, bought carrick and phil jones. Made a nice profit later that day when the challenger came out with Lindgard trading for circa 3k coins. Taken a gamble and purchased a host of players for other big rivalries (inter/ac barca/madrid etc)
Can hold 100 in my transfer list and currently have a little over 60 sat waiting for the SBC.

Completed the hybrid league challenges over the weekend.

Loving my side at the moment:
GK: Begovic
LB: Shaw
LCB: Kabelese
RCB: Fuenos Mori
RB: Valencia
CM: Pereya
CM: Can
LM: Torress
RM: Mkhitaryen
ST: Origi
ST: Rashford