**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Not sure about EIS...

I assume it can get better with software updates?

Have other phones had EIS before?

Yes, most phones had it before OIS, check out the implementation on the iPhone 6s (not Plus as that has OIS) It is leagues ahead of this so hopefully software updates will improve it.

They have said that :)

Sony's EIS in the Z5 is unrivalled though, and no other EIS will beat it pretty much in any current phones on the market. Sony's system uses a combination of hardware and software, so is a bit different to pure EIS or pure OIS. It is the best of both worlds on the Z5.

How does it even work with photo's if you're shooting at max res already?

It doesn't, same as on the Sony's I'd say, where the option called" image stabilisation" isn't EIS, it's just named as such as it's a form of low light compensation for better images in conplex low lighting.

Bizarre naming schems ftl.

I'm still Pending, expected dates 5-9th Nov. Says shipped before 4th, will be worried if it doesn't switch to Processing sometime tomorrow.

Mine says 3-5th but having read a few reports from XDA I'm going to expect it next week at some point. Basically people have been asking Google when their order will ship (where their ship by date was 1st nov) and google have replied saying they don't know!!
Fun fun. Actually considering saving myself £150 and getting a 5X instead...

I'm still Pending, expected dates 5-9th Nov. Says shipped before 4th, will be worried if it doesn't switch to Processing sometime tomorrow.

Mine says 3-5th but having read a few reports from XDA I'm going to expect it next week at some point. Basically people have been asking Google when their order will ship (where their ship by date was 1st nov) and google have replied saying they don't know!!
Fun fun. Actually considering saving myself £150 and getting a 5X instead...

Yeah mine says (via Google Play My Account) ships by the 1st. Lies. :mad:

Well I ordered on the day of announcement and got a 3-5th November date. I walk in today and a colleague who was talking about getting a HTC M8 walked in today with a 6P he got yesterday from CPW. I've been hyped about this phone and he doesn't really care that much. Google need to sort their *beep* out. Every damned year CPW ship faster.

Does anyone else have a 3-5th shipping date? Has yours shipped yet? Mine still says the same old Pending status. 64GB Alu.

Same here. On play account, leaves warehouse date is today.

Trying to see if there's google live chat available, but it seems not for the last couple of hours.

Anyone picked up one of these yet?

I've a couple of Rainforest specials I'm using at the minute, like the Moko and I've the Spigen superdeal one on the way too, but still fancy the "official" Google one... mate's got the folio version for the N5X and it seems quite decent (microfibre gives it a decent feeling).

On it with them now. CS rep wants to transfer me to shipping team, but is having technical issues...so will ask them to contact me back but can't give me an ETA on when they will...'24 hours' is the only thing I got from him.

Though I should feel safe and rest assured that order will be completed soon apparently...

Back
Top Bottom