**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Associate
Still not concerned at all, he really looked like he was putting a fair bit of effort into the break that time, and it looks like it only breaks if the force is applied at exactly the right point. Real life damage like this is about as likely to happen as being run over while carrying the phone in your pocket and it getting broken that way.

These 'tests' are completely irrelevant imo.
I'd only be concerned if I started hearing about any bending from multiple amounts of people who have used it in everyday situations. Because that's how i'd use a phone, too.

Soldato
Given there's been no reports of the phone bending in peoples pockets etc I don't really think it's a concern. You're an idiot if you keep you're phone in back pocket and sit on it anyway but other "bend" videos show the phone to be very resilient. Non issue.

Soldato
Anyone have an issue with their accelerometer/gyro on their 6P? I'm thinking mines faulty, the first sign was Google Fit, telling me I've done 45,000 steps in a day (when Moto Body said I've done 5,000!)...

Next I noticed that my Live Wallpaper Minima wasnt very smooth in its motions and kept on freaking out even when held as still as I could.

The phone works fine in general & rotates fine etc. It just seems extremely jumpy. Anyone elses have this same issue?

Associate
so maybe with all these delays and bending phones etc.... this is what we get from a cheap Chinese phone manufacturer??

Aeronautical aluminium :D:D:D:D would not want to fly in that plane

Soldato
Look how easy it bent. I think the P stands for 'Pathetic'. I have a pre-order of the 32gb from CPW.

You've already convinced yourself you're not going to like based on your previous posts in this thread. Just cancel your order and save us all for your inevitable whinging :p

Associate
You've already convinced yourself you're not going to like based on your previous posts in this thread. Just cancel your order and save us all for your inevitable whinging :p

My previous posts seem to valid from how things are looking. You're on a forum so I'm suprised you're not used to 'whinging'. If I want to 'whinge', I will 'whinge', whether you like it or not.

Soldato
Well that's me told!

But I'm not sure what you're getting at. General message from reviews are "its the best android phone available" - if that isn't what you're after then maybe an iPhone would be more suitable? They are also very good phones and don't have amoled screens.

Last edited:
Associate
I want the phone to be good but when you see it fall to pieces in someone's hands then its extremely concerning, even more so when he proceeds to explain how poorly the internals are constructed. Everything I have mentioned has been a result of what I have either read or seen. I have always preferred android and I wouldn't dream about switching to an iPhone. I have prefer pure Android too so its not like I have many options available.

Back
Top Bottom