**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
That video, forgets to mention the screen of the 3XL is miles better than the 2XL's dodgy screen
It also mentions the notch cutout hide function, bringing status bar icons down, I agree that is rubbish BUT is that not something that Google can fix in a software update??

Soldato
Various news sites are reporting that Google (USA) will be heavily discounting the pixel 3 and 3XL during black friday.

Offers such as buy one, get one half price
Heavy discounts on the phones themselves
Free home hub
etc etc

Buyers in the US ain't gonna be very happy if true, especially with all the problems. If they do similar here, could be worth returning and rebuying.

Pre-Black Friday and on the day itself, Google tells us it is offering the following (pretty impressive) Pixel 3 discounts:

• Buy one Pixel 3 or 3 XL and get the second phone for up to 50 percent off (November 16th to 21st).
  • $150 discount on the Pixel 3, $200 discount on the Pixel 3 XL (November 22nd to 25th).
The above Black Friday deal brings the $799 64GB Pixel 3 to $649, and the $899 64GB Pixel 3 XL to $699.

On Cyber Monday (November 26th), a few more offers open up on the Google Store, just for the day. The deals include:

• Buy a Pixel 3/3 XL and get a Home Hub ($149 regular price) for free, plus a $50 Google Store credit.
  • Save $60 on the Daydream View.
  • Save $20 on a My Case purchase.
  • Buy two Google Home Max speakers and save $150.
  • Save $129 on a bundle of the Google Home Hub, Google Home and Wifi 3-pack.
Additionally, Pixelbooks are discounted by $300 from November 18th to 28th, and Google Clips wireless smart cameras are 50 percent off from November 18th to 26th.

There are no links to the specific deals yet, but we will update this post when the promotions go live on the days mentioned above.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any here with the xl 3 thats actually happy with it? If not what would swap it with at no extra cost if you had the chance to?
I love mine.

I have the notch disabled but that's down to personal preference I guess. The screen is lovely, the speakers are good for what they are - a phone, and the camera is sublime. Day to day it's buttery smooth, I use Nova Launcher but that's purely because I'm so used to it coming from having it on my past Samsung devices.

The battery for my day to day usage is incredible. I get home from work where it gets used every now and then, and I've got a load of battery life left, at the time of writing this, I've got 68% left and it was unplugged at 8am. I've watched films on it via Netflix and had SOT of about 5 hours in a day with just over 30% left.

I have noticed the aggressive RAM management at play a few times, but it's never really annoyed me, a quick app refresh here and there isn't majorly annoying for me, but I do tend to close apps every now and then anyway, and don't really play games on my phone.

Nothing has really made me not like the phone thus far.

Soldato
Just popped up on the play store is an update for Googleconnection services. Says bug fixes and so on. Might help you.

Thanks for the heads up - I installed that earlier and I'm still dropping connection at home. At work it's stable so it must be a router thing maybe. Either that, or perhaps it's aggressively switching between my 2.4G and 5G SSID's if one's stronger than the other. I might try and merge them and see what it does.

Soldato
Is there any here with the xl 3 thats actually happy with it? If not what would swap it with at no extra cost if you had the chance to?

Love mine as well.

Yes I would prefer a smaller notch. Yes I wished it was this and that... But I would be even worse with another device. I love stock, I love the camera, the full googlG experience and timely updates.

Some fantastic phones out and priced well like the 6T which I highly recommend for price point. Just not for me .

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up - I installed that earlier and I'm still dropping connection at home. At work it's stable so it must be a router thing maybe. Either that, or perhaps it's aggressively switching between my 2.4G and 5G SSID's if one's stronger than the other. I might try and merge them and see what it does.

That's not a bad shout with the merge. Most stuff is 5g now right ?

My iPad constantly drops off my virgin router so feel your pain.

I am expecting an update for the pixel in the coming weeks to patch a few bits.

Soldato
The rumoured heavy discounts for black friday would be ridiculously unfair to those of us who purchased on release, I took delivery of mine on 1st November and so will probably only have today if I wanted to return it. Be good if they let us know.

The rumoured heavy discounts for black friday would be ridiculously unfair to those of us who purchased on release, I took delivery of mine on 1st November and so will probably only have today if I wanted to return it. Be good if they let us know.

Last year the exact same thing was said and it didn't happen. I'm sure the same thing will be said next year too.

Back
Top Bottom