1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by sesevans, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

well he actually didn't say chunk, he said "fairly decent chunk". a lot of people, would be more than say 50%, but a good chunk could be 20%, a fairly decent chunk would be less than a good chunk, so say 10%.

though i do agree with you that it does seem no more than average amount of issue for a phone, however we're in a thread that wont get updates now about standard features everyone knows about and uses, it'll just be to go over issues now more than anything or updates. i wouldn't look to expect much else from a phone that came out end of last year.

2. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

Well I can't say I agree with that either. 'The majority of people' would be over 50%. A lot of people could still be a low percentage if it's something that has sold in the millions and not so related to proportions. I also can't believe it's as many as 10% personally. Probably not even close. Anyway, he's entitled to his opinion, I guess as I said, he seems to be trying to push it on us all the time is all.

3. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista

Yes I agree I doubt its even close to 10 percent, however this thread naturally now will be more popular with posts about issues

4. superleeds27

Hitman

RMA'ing mine.

Pink tint that's visible in certain lighting. Frustrating.

Phones getting posted to Poland tomorrow, will see how the replacement compares!

5. xb8browney

Soldato

[​IMG]

6. rickjames

Mobster

Q is in BETA it seems

7. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

Thinking of what deserts begin with Q? Quinoa is best I can think of. Hardly a desert !

8. V_R

Sgarrista

Quinoa isn't a desert, or a dessert for that matter! ;):p

9. FishLicker

Hitman

10. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

Ha ha fair points

11. opethdisciple

Capodecina

I bought my pixel through the email they sent round giving away £75 worth of google play store stuff.

Haven't heard a scoobie do about it since.

Any one else?

---

I also have an annoying screen flash occasionally when I receive a message or pick up the phone. Been there since I got the phone.

It can be jarring at times as it flashes when your not expecting it.

---

All in all, it's quite a disappointing phone. For the £750 I paid it feels no where near flagship.

12. Quinnaay

Soldato

Got to agree, first phone I've owned in years that's underwhelmed me. Apart from the camera which is truly incredible. Not sure what they sell for but might sell for A S10

13. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

If you got it from Google. Call them and get a brand new one sent out if the 'jarring' screen flash is that bad. Also ask them while you are on the phone about the £75 credit. Then you won't feel so sad.

14. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

S10 is very sexy indeed, I have been impressed. You will find the software experience a bit meh coming from a pixel but that's about it.

Hoping the P4 will take some design tips from samSams

15. Quinnaay

Soldato

Well to be fair I've had 2 Samsung Edge phones and 2 oneplus phones as of late the Samsung didn't lag like i get on the pixel but the OnePlus was smoother than both. The software and updates on the pixel plus the camera is the only thing really keeping me. This phone absolutely needs 6gb ram.

16. FishLicker

Hitman

I see a lot of descriptions lately stating the Pixel phones are wonderful cameras attached to mediocre phones, and I'm sort of inclined to agree with that (as much as it upsets some people on here), but like you the software and camera experience is JUST enough to keep me on it. 2XL here but I don't seem to get any lag although I did factory reset it not too long ago but the RAM issue is definitely starting to be felt, I get quite a lot of re-loads now on apps. It does it pretty quick so a lot of the times you don't notice it, but I do notice when my app refreshes and ends up in a different place to where i left it.

If the next Pixel does not have at least 6Gb of RAM (and ideally also a telephoto lens) then I will be moving onto a different manufacturer next time, which is a shame as I feel the phone is only a few intelligent spec bumps away from being a true great. Alternatively, if OnePlus give us a 7 with a great camera and a decent finger print reader then take my money...

17. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

18. lmfy2k

Soldato

19. kona786

Capodecina

20. Fairly sure the answer is no

Sgarrista