**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Had some weird stuff going on with my P3 where pressing the on button just once would trigger the camera app to open, then it would constantly bring up the off/reboot/screenshot menu; despite turning the phone off completely it would then still reboot. Seems sporadic but I'm considering taking it back to CPW for a second exchange.

The camera and the off/reboot menu are all triggered by the power button. Have you checked and cleaned that area ... Bit of belly button fluff under the case ?

Soldato
The camera and the off/reboot menu are all triggered by the power button. Have you checked and cleaned that area ... Bit of belly button fluff under the case ?

Yeah, nothing at all. Even took it out of the case and was still doing it. Has been fine now since late Friday evening. Also wondering if temperature might have been a reason; was rather hot whilst on holiday in Italy...

Soldato
I have an infuriating issue with my Pixel 3 that's been ongoing for a month now. Google are aware and have stated a fix was going to be deployed in the coming weeks but nothing yet.

The issue is when trying to sign into public WiFi portals, you're prompted with an error message saying CaptivePortalLogin has crashed (or something to that effect). This basically means you can't sign in and use the WiFI, unless you use a long winded workaround of enabling plane mode, enabling WiFi, connecting to the AP and manually typing in a certain web address in Chrome.

I travel a lot for work and use hotel WiFi in destinations with either poor mobile data signal or aren't covered by Three feel at home. Getting more and more fed up of Android these days, really considering trading everything in for an iPhone & Apple Watch but I'll miss the Google Assistant & Android Auto.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I dropped my 2XL as I got out the car this weekend and smashed the bottom left corner of the screen, still usable but it looks a mess.

I'm debating a 3, 3 XL, or dealing with it until the 4. If that 02 refresh deal pops back up, please post it!

Associate
Can Pixel 3/3A users tell me what Ambient display options they have?

The pic below is from a Nokia 8, where you have four display options and viewing is either on or 30 seconds and below, thanks

i-h2Nq6jm-L.jpg

Glance-View.png

Soldato
Yeah, rebooting loop carried on again earlier; gonna have to take it to PC World for a probable repair rather than exchange, eurgh. Anyone have any idea on their turnaround times?

Soldato
Yeah, rebooting loop carried on again earlier; gonna have to take it to PC World for a probable repair rather than exchange, eurgh. Anyone have any idea on their turnaround times?

i would go direct to google. I can tell you what pc world will do.... factory reset if it boots back up job done....... they call you and say its all ready for you to collect and is software :D

Soldato
i would go direct to google. I can tell you what pc world will do.... factory reset if it boots back up job done....... they call you and say its all ready for you to collect and is software :D

I didn't realise you could do this if you bought from another retailer? If I can RMA direct then so be it...

Soldato
Getting frustrated with the Pixel 3's battery life. So I'm on 47% with 1hr 20min screen time.

This is also after resetting the phone last night and I've only installed apps that I really used frequently.

Just an update on this, even after letting the install settle after a wipe and setting everything back up from scratch (rather than restoring a backup), my battery was still woeful.

As one final attempt before looking to change devices, I unlocked the bootloader in order to flash a stock image from Google's servers. Thankfully that seems to have done the trick and battery life is more aligned to my expectations. Essentially, if I'm struggling to make it through the day that's because the phone has been used extensively rather than losing battery when the phone is idle.

Before I flashed the stock image, I installed GSam battery monitor and granted it battery stats permissions from ADB and the Android OS was keeping the device awake on a frequent basis. Unfortunately the culprit wakelock didn't really let me know why as supposedly that wakelock is a collection of other wakelocks according to posts online, therefore would have required further research.

I really hope Google improve the battery further on the Pixel 4 either physically with a larger battery or through software. I appreciate the likes of Huawei have more aggressive background process management, but at the same time, there's usually more background processes on other phones vs Google to begin with.

Soldato
My battery is fine and lasts the day. Just send it in for a replacement if it's an issue. I sent in a pixel2 I purchased of the MM as battery was duff. Google shipped me a new phone within a week.

Associate
Anyone recommend a fast charger for the 12v ciggy lighter port in a car ? I tried a the spigen one which says fast charger but sadly no joy!

Oddly, this one has worked as fast charging on Nexii on Pixels I've used with it since I bought it in 2016 sometime. Even played nicely with a P20 Pro for the most part too.

I've had no call to replace it since, and it looks like a minefield trying to find another reliable one that reviews and works well.

Soldato
picked up a pixel 3 to replace my 2xl. Wanted something a bit smaller.
Have to say the battery so far is horrendous... have it set up the same way as my pixel 2 was but it doesn't get me anywhere near through a day's use. The 2xl last a day and a half easy.

Not for me it doesn't. I'm always hitting red by end of the day with my 2xl. Had to get it replaced and this one is only a little better.

Charged it at 6pm today as was very low to get to 64 percent, now at 37 percent.

This phone is 2 weeks old, though possibly a refurb.

Back
Top Bottom