**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Has anyone got a simple solution for the searchbox bouncing intermittently?

Is it because it wants you to access the app drawer? Mine was doing that and it's disappeared since I did.

From a forum post:

Just swipe up for the app drawer and scroll to the bottom. It's Google's way of letting you know there's a new/change to the app drawer. For example you've downloaded a new app.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, Vortex! I tried that but it kept coming back - turning off the animations did the trick. I'm really enjoying this phone as it's quite an upgrade from the iPhone 5! Now I need to have a look at what accessories might be nice to buy.

Soldato
Not sure, I'll check. There are also photos I've taken that won't upload to the photo backup or Drive and that say 'device only' and some of these can't even be edited. This is annoying as I want to use the phone to take product photos. Screenshotting the photos allows uploading but the quality is much reduced.

Soldato
Is the Pixel 3 XL still considered one of the best phones on Android for haptic feedback?

I tried going from iPhone to Android a few years back with the OnePlus 3, but that phone truly must be one of the worst for haptic feedback, and was the reason I had to return it and go back to iPhone.

Are there any other recommendations for high end Android phones with decent quality haptic feedback?

Thanks

Soldato
Is the Pixel 3 XL still considered one of the best phones on Android for haptic feedback?

I tried going from iPhone to Android a few years back with the OnePlus 3, but that phone truly must be one of the worst for haptic feedback, and was the reason I had to return it and go back to iPhone.

Are there any other recommendations for high end Android phones with decent quality haptic feedback?

Thanks

Yes and the OnePlus 7 Pro.

Soldato
Getting frustrated with the Pixel 3's battery life. So I'm on 47% with 1hr 20min screen time.

This is also after resetting the phone last night and I've only installed apps that I really used frequently.

Soldato
Getting frustrated with the Pixel 3's battery life. So I'm on 47% with 1hr 20min screen time.

I’m on 2hrs 33 at 66% on an iPhone XS. It replicates this performance day in, day out, which makes me worried about moving back to android, even when it’s the “purest” version.

Soldato
But I don't think a Pixel or Nexus device has ever been the one to buy if you want great battery life. The 'purest' version is the most open and lets apps run in the background more. The modified version are the ones with aggressive RAM management that extend battery life, a bit more like an iPhone.

Soldato

This is also after resetting the phone last night and I've only installed apps that I really used frequently.

After a wipe (new install) it takes a while to settle down as the apps are optimised. Give it another 48 hours.

Soldato
But I don't think a Pixel or Nexus device has ever been the one to buy if you want great battery life. The 'purest' version is the most open and lets apps run in the background more. The modified version are the ones with aggressive RAM management that extend battery life, a bit more like an iPhone.

Well obviously they don't have the biggest batteries to start with but whilst I don't expect market leading battery life, the stats I'm seeing are extremely poor.

Extrapolating 2hrs screen time from 65% battery means 3 hours screen time which is miles off the 5hr plus capable on other phones.

Back
Top Bottom