**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
It's all good chap, I've been running it since the first beta. The Barclaycard app is the only app I have issue with, Santander app got an update about a month ago to fix compatibility, sure Barclays won't be far behind.

Other than that, if you use a 3rd party launchers Like Nova then you can't use gestures. I still prefer the 2 or 3 button anyway tbh, at least for now. The back button and hamburger menu inconsistencies **** me off.

Got a special honey on the go, cannot afford any issues with the blower right now. :o

Associate
Just a heads up for those that use the Sky GO app. After updating to 10, the Sky Go app asks if you want to sign up to a beta. If you choose not to, live streaming won`t work. It will be stuck on preparing and then tell
you about have no WiFi connection. Sign up to the beta (No real sign up required) and the app will ask if you would like to become a tester. Say yes, close the app, go to play store, update the sky go app.
Job done.

Liking the tweaks in 10 so far.

Associate
Got to hand it to Google their service is top notch when dealing with issues with their phone. They send me a brand new sealed one when i reported that i was having issues with the speakers on the Pixel 3. They sent me a pre paid label to send the phone back to them and within a week , they sent me a brand new sealed boxed one back. Cant complain about that. But i have moved on to another phone now ... (iPhone)

Soldato
So strange one. .... Since the 10 update I constantly find my quick settings (pull down from top) being on / off. Regularly turn off location or stick it in airplane mode. Not sure where it is happening or how. Guessing it's my fat fingers now I have switched to gestures... Odd!

Soldato
Dunno if anyone else is a Google One subscriber, but they're giving away free Google Home Mini's right now. Happy daya...

Looks like it's only available to those who subscribed before 11th September, so if like me you wanted to grab one on the cheap, I don't think it's going to work sadly. I didn't know about Google One until now, I would have signed up sooner if I had, I've signed up now anyway, seems a good price for the extra storage.

Soldato
I've just got the "system update available" prompt appear today, "Introducing Android 10" with an A10 feature list, that I already have! I updated OTA 2 weeks ago on launch day and the system tells me that's what I'm running.

Did anyone else get this? Is it just a bug fix or something? A bit odd!

Associate
I've just got the "system update available" prompt appear today, "Introducing Android 10" with an A10 feature list, that I already have! I updated OTA 2 weeks ago on launch day and the system tells me that's what I'm running.

Did anyone else get this? Is it just a bug fix or something? A bit odd!
Hmm.

Me too. Just ignoring it for now. Cant remember how big Android 10 was. this one is 1.4 gb.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom