**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Just to add from my experiences with Google RMA; device is being sent out today, should be with me by 4pm. Would say under a week is a pretty good turnaround time, just hope this device doesn't have those camera/power button/battery issues like the last!

Soldato
Got a pixel 3a XL and I'm loving it, i have heard however latest Android update has caused some issues, my phone has just gave me option to install it. Is it worth holding off for now?

Soldato
Completely not acceptable.

Share the tweet on here. We can add weight
I called them again today and finally spoke to someone semi useful, the guy who apparently is in charge of my escalated case *highest priority* was high line manager and he got him to contact me and this time it actually worked, he could tell i was frustrated and wasnt letting it go this time. Anyway i now have a RMA label to ship the phone out tomorrow.

edit may have spoken too soon, the RMA Document has a different IMEI and device colour to my unit. My worry now is i send it with the RMA document that doesnt match and all of a sudden it goes "missing"

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Got a pixel 3a XL and I'm loving it, i have heard however latest Android update has caused some issues, my phone has just gave me option to install it. Is it worth holding off for now?
What kind of issues? There aren't really any that I can think of unless its the usual 'OMG Battery life' etc moans.

Soldato
My replacement device is finally all set up, WiFi issues no longer seem to plague me, the constant disconnects and reconnects every few minutes was getting old fast. As a side effect, the haptic vibration on this new one is a billion times better than my old one - previously I couldn't really feel it vibrate both when typing and when calls came in, this one feels about 4 times as powerful as the old one!

Soldato
I called them again today and finally spoke to someone semi useful, the guy who apparently is in charge of my escalated case *highest priority* was high line manager and he got him to contact me and this time it actually worked, he could tell i was frustrated and wasnt letting it go this time. Anyway i now have a RMA label to ship the phone out tomorrow.

edit may have spoken too soon, the RMA Document has a different IMEI and device colour to my unit. My worry now is i send it with the RMA document that doesnt match and all of a sudden it goes "missing"

man you are having a rough ride. you may need to call up again. or add a cover note and attach to the device with a rubber band. take a pic and also reply to the ticket to say they have the imei wrong. but you have sent phone in anyway. to be honest they dont check anyway!

Soldato
man you are having a rough ride. you may need to call up again. or add a cover note and attach to the device with a rubber band. take a pic and also reply to the ticket to say they have the imei wrong. but you have sent phone in anyway. to be honest they dont check anyway!
Been on the phone a hour and half and still on hold as we speak, im refusing to leave the call until this supervisor picks up. Im getting the feeling they have had enough of me. They agreed the RMA label is wrong but again only "level 3" support can sort it and i refuse to wait another 3 weeks for a reply. I have never had an experience as bad as this one for returning any product its insane.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Jesus that's ******* ridiculous. Google CS used to be amazing and one of the reasons I would pay the premium for their devices...

Soldato
Yeah it seems if there is an issue that the first point of contact cant resolve its a battle. I guess in most instances they can resolve it there and then. That being said the supervisor still has to go to the level 3 agents and has promised me updates via Email. Im still pretty fumin, the RMA they sent was for another customer and im just tired of waiting on other people to contact me. I have no other option but to wait its sad.

Soldato
Did it have any of their details on it? You could start throwing about data breach claims and GDPR things. It might get them moving? I know our head office has been on the phone very fast when we sent some details to the wrong email address...
Unfortunately not. The only thing that is on it is the IMEI number, device and colour and date of RMA.

Soldato
Okay so after a month im getting somewhere.

Apparently i have a new device on route now and they upgraded me to 128gb version due to stock issues. They also put £40 store credit in my account for the mess. Small sweetener but i still think ill sell it on.

Any idea on sale price for pixel 3 128gb version cant see much on it.

edit:

Thought it was too good to be true, confirmation email states refurbished unit. These guys are clowns.

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay so after a month im getting somewhere.

Apparently i have a new device on route now and they upgraded me to 128gb version due to stock issues. They also put £40 store credit in my account for the mess. Small sweetener but i still think ill sell it on.

Any idea on sale price for pixel 3 128gb version cant see much on it.

edit:

Thought it was too good to be true, confirmation email states refurbished unit. These guys are clowns.

Man !

Wait and see it might be a new one.

Back
Top Bottom