**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
I am mulling over getting a cheap(er) second phone and was thinking one of the smaller pixels might be idea. Given that the 3 and 3a are (give or take) the same price second hand what would be the better one to get?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Uuuugh, pulled my 3XL out my pocket and the screens properly smashed :( I have another year of contract yet too. Sigh.

Anyone else broken theirs and had any luck with a repair? I don't have a spare phone so unsure about sending it off, but would prefer Google to sort it I think. Going to stick a screen protector on and worry about it in the new year. Don't want to risk postal issues this time of year and worry about a Friday afternoon job doing on it. So long as I can use it and the camera works for Christmas, it can wait till January hopefully.

Used to do them myself but having looked up the process for the 3XL I'd rather not!

Soldato
That's shocking. Has it gone missing or something? Both times I sent mine back I had a replacement in a week.
It took around 6-7 weeks for them to send me a unit which was refurbished after they had promised me a brand new one. They then said i could keep it or return it for a new one so i sent it back the following day.

Ever since i sent it back in the middle of last week i havent had one email to say whats happening and ive sent them multiple.
Ive just sent them one now saying i want a Pixel 4 or money for the original phone back as im tired and cant be bothered any longer.

Associate
Hope you get it sorted, what a nightmare, what if you didn't have or couldn't afford a spare? Even if you do have a spare, using a phone you don't want to use or is old and tired isn't exactly ideal.

Soldato
Well i went on live chat pestering again last night and surprise today i get an email.

Tried arguing for a Pixel 4 but they wouldnt budge. Ive apparently got a brand new Pixel 3 XL 128GB coming, may list up on the forum will see how i feel and see what there going for. May be a refurb again yet though time will tell hopefully the fiasco is over.

Soldato
My battery life is going down quite a bit. Used to be getting 6 hours SoT on my XL.

Now I get around 4.5.

I am also noticing that 'prosessing hrd+' takes around 10 seconds now. Whereas before, when I first got the phone and for the first 8 or so months, it was near on instant.

Thinking the likely culprit is filling up storage. I'm 60% full on my 128gb

The phone is also way to big for me. I wanted to trade it in for a standard size Pixel 4 but no good trade in offers anywhere. So I'll just ride out my contract. No harm, I know for next time.

Soldato
Just got a very good condition Pixel 3 128GB for £326 , quite like it ,but screen on time compared to the 3A XL Pristine £297 i was playing with isn't so good, roughly 2hrs less.

Soldato
Everything I've read had the 3A variants as A+ battery life.

When I'm done with the 3XL contract, I assume we will be about Pixel 6 territory (I've still got 2 years to go) and I'm pretty sure I'll go for the 'A' variant.

I would have done it in the 3 cycle but didn't know the 'A' was coming and needed a new phone as my Blackberry Priv screen started to flicker on and off and battery life was down to about 3hrs SoT

Soldato
Everything I've read had the 3A variants as A+ battery life.

When I'm done with the 3XL contract, I assume we will be about Pixel 6 territory (I've still got 2 years to go) and I'm pretty sure I'll go for the 'A' variant.

I would have done it in the 3 cycle but didn't know the 'A' was coming and needed a new phone as my Blackberry Priv screen started to flicker on and off and battery life was down to about 3hrs SoT

Yes, i really like the "A" not sure which one im getting rid of yet :)

Soldato
Looking to upgrade from my Honor 9 Lite and seen a deal for a Pixel 3a 64GB new for £269. Is this a good upgrade? I don't play games at all on my phone, just apps and er making calls :)
its a decent little phone, the wife has one. runs well and would do everything you need. you can get a plethora of phones from the likes of xiaomi, redmi, pocophone and alternatives which would be better spec wise but they have a trade off which is that they are bigger.

Back
Top Bottom