**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Cheaper pixel incoming?

Google don't have a clue when it comes to their phones.

How hard is it to put a top of the line SoC in a nice, regular shell with a good screen, great camera, good storage and stock Android? That's all Apple do.

Then introduce a couple of lesser specced phones at the same time, that have a few features pared down and a reduced price.

Bada bing. A Pixel for everyone.

Edit. And change the name to something that isn't a Google marketing nerd's opinion of cool.

Associate
Agree with above one of Google's main problem is the average Joe doesn't even know they make phones most people know Samsung and iPhone and that's about it so until they make a pixel at every price point they'll continue to do crap

Soldato
Google don't have a clue when it comes to their phones.

How hard is it to put a top of the line SoC in a nice, regular shell with a good screen, great camera, good storage and stock Android? That's all Apple do.

Then introduce a couple of lesser specced phones at the same time, that have a few features pared down and a reduced price.

Bada bing. A Pixel for everyone.

Edit. And change the name to something that isn't a Google marketing nerd's opinion of cool.

I just want a note or s20 with pixel software - or a pixel with samsung spex :D

Soldato
If they bring ultrawide camera and headphone jack to Pixel 5 with decent battery, I'm in regardless if they stick midrange or top of the line SoC.

Soldato
Just got mine, very nice for £479, so much smoother than the 3XL 2XL 3AXL :)

DSCF1150.jpg

Soldato
I mean they had it on 3a series, just about confirmed on 4a and rumour is they might be going midrange with 5 so not completely unreasonable to think that they might go ahead with it.

Soldato
Really like mine, shame they removed the 2 button gesture though, i just cant get on with the new way swiping from the left and right.

I just cant get used to it, tried it on the 2XL and 3A XL.

Associate
Pixel 4A
4BFbGAg.jpg
  • Plastic body
  • One size: 5.81-inches
  • OLED FHD+ (2340 x 1080) screen with hole punch
  • Snapdragon 730
  • 3080 mAh battery and 6GB of RAM
  • 64GB and 128GB models in Just Black and Barely Blue
  • 18w charging, no wireless charging
  • 12.2-megapixel single rear camera
  • 8-megapixel front camera
  • New Google Assistant
  • Headphone Jack
  • Likely starting at $399
https://9to5google.com/2020/04/09/exclusive-google-pixel-4a-details-specs/

Soldato
I guess 90hz would be too much to ask for, but the battery is looking like a weak spot on an otherwise solid-looking phone.

It'll also be going up against the 2020 iPhone SE which I reckon is going to sell an absolute bucket load.

I'd have thought the white sold better than the black but guess not.

No wireless is a bit disappointing but for that price I accept it.

So now I decide between s20+ or 4a. Coming from a 2xl I'm tempted for the 4a due to familiar android feel and the now playing feature and much cheaper price, however given how long I've lasted on my 2xl I don't feel the s20 plus is a best buy as I may still have it in 3 years, where as the 4a may feel like it needs replacing once the 5 is out.

Back
Top Bottom