**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
I copied the following text from the Google website:

"Google phones are going 5G. Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a (5G) supercharge the helpfulness of Google with an extra boost of speed. Starting at £499."

Since it mentions both the 4a (5g) model and the Pixel 5, I'd assume that the "starting at £499" price is for the cheaper model, that being the Pixel 4a (5g). From that, it seems extremely likely that the Pixel 5 will be priced higher, which would take it into a completely different price bracket to the £349 Pixel 4a.

Yeah fair point. But for me I would be waiting to see the price points.

Associate
Rumors are circulating saying the pixel 4 will be around the £599 mark. If that's the case I might find the extra dosh and go for the pixel 5. Especially cause I usually keep my phones 3-4 years.

Associate
Rumors are circulating saying the pixel 4 will be around the £599 mark. If that's the case I might find the extra dosh and go for the pixel 5. Especially cause I usually keep my phones 3-4 years.
Forget about that.

Bought a very good refurbished Galaxy S10+ with 12 months warranty for £325. Too good to turn down and should last me another 2-3 years!

Soldato
always a sad thing to see that being said, although it's the inevitable reality of android maturing, i sure do miss the days when there was a big improvement to enjoy.

Yes I know what you mean. But you are correct gone are the days of big changes and yep it's a sign of a mature OS. More features than wholesale changes. I guess windows 10 is the same and IOS

Associate
Anyone know how to enable smart reply like in this image:

Screen_Shot_2020-09-05_at_9.17.04_PM.max-1000x1000.png

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Who here came from the beta, or did you all come from 10?

I'm still not sure I like the expanded notifications only having 6 icons. I like having the media controls but it just seems odd to have to swipe down twice and still only see the same 6 icons just with more blank space around them.

Back
Top Bottom