***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
anyone know were to change the accelerator / brake option for the controller?

Im not getting on with using the sticks ( default ) prefer the trigger buttons for this setup

Associate
Standard Cars : Feature standard details and damage effects

Premium Cars : Feature extremely detailed interiors and exteriors, headlights with high and low beams and extensive damage effects.

R1 toggles the headlights, it's supposed to toggle low / high beam but on the type R civic on B-4 it only seems to do the high beam, interior dash lights do not come on within this car on this license

Soldato
Just finished the mammoth install and had a quick drive in the Zonda R in arcade mode. Very pretty looking game, interior view, nose and roof cams have a great sense of speed but the external one doesn't. Graphically I'd put it on par with the likes of F1 2010 and FM3 but the worlds in GT5 look very new and shiny from the quick play I've had, which is the same as GT5P.

Will get my Fanatec wheel and Clubsport pedals setup later and have a proper bash.

Associate
I wonder if everyone is negative because after 5 years you expect perfection, or if the game really is about as good as the Gran Turismo on the PSP :(

No online reviews yet?

gamespot are releasing there review after the online aspect is turned on apparently, they want to test that and incorporate it within the review.

2 years ago when I played prologue I was gobsmacked at how good looking it was, at the moment this game is looking bland on some of the interiors i've looked at.

not being overly negative, a game with this much hype people are going to pick at the flaws.

When I get to the better cars it will probably put a smile on my face.

Caporegime
The funny thing is with all the people saying how the game has had so much hype... it's you fans who have hyped it up so much, not Sony, or Polyphony, or anyone else. I have not found the standard car that I'm driving to be terrible, or undriveable because of perceived graphical quality, they're fine, they're not outstanding, they aren't terrible, they are fine and they do a job. The premium models are absolutely outstanding visually though and dare I say almost photo realistic. The environments are excellently detailed as well and even though the shadows are jaggy in places.

There is no point criticising this game purely on the basis of "oh it's been in development for a long time and has been hyped up". Seriously?! Play it and take it for what it is, and most of all enjoy it. Stop ****ing comparing it to Forza because frankly if Forza is so spectacular then just play that instead. :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Well so far this game is everything I've wanted it to be. :)

This. :)

A-10 is awesome. Disregard braking, acquire drifting.

Came second but just can't get the last guy.

Edit: Hmm, just unlocked some car from the second license, and one of the stickers says Playstation 2. Are these just old skins or something from the previous games? :o

Last edited:
Soldato
The funny thing is with all the people saying how the game has had so much hype... it's you fans who have hyped it up so much, not Sony, or Polyphony, or anyone else. I have not found the standard car that I'm driving to be terrible, or undriveable because of perceived graphical quality, they're fine, they're not outstanding, they aren't terrible, they are fine and they do a job. The premium models are absolutely outstanding visually though and dare I say almost photo realistic. The environments are excellently detailed as well and even though the shadows are jaggy in places.

There is no point criticising this game purely on the basis of "oh it's been in development for a long time and has been hyped up". Seriously?! Play it and take it for what it is, and most of all enjoy it. Stop ****ing comparing it to Forza because frankly if Forza is so spectacular then just play that instead. :rolleyes:

I think most critisisms are based on flaws in the game that should not be there especially after 5 years of development. Its going to be compared to forza as its the closest rival.

Caporegime
Anyone still using the good old controller? Looking to get a stand for my wheel first, but want to make sure GT5 will deffo take most of my time...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
No it's not lol. I swear that slipstream one on the B license is actually IMPOSSIBLE.

Nope, stay as close to the Audi as possible when you get to it (you can't go fully behind it) and don't make sudden moves past the cars. Keep as straight as you can following them. Worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom