***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Soldato
Done the last bit of the AMG stuff now, that and the new seasonal events gives me ~6.5 million in the bank and level 25 (and a third... :p)

Also noticed after the update I got a CLK-GTR race car for one of the AMG events for some reason, just tried it on the MR cup in extreme around high speed ring and it's insane, far quicker than any of the other cars I've got :)

Soldato
Yes. First :p

Buy a full racing transmission and lower the top speed to 87mph (its lowest setting) then add a decat exhaust to take it to exactly 65bhp. Job done

Fiat 500:
sports air filter to make 65bhp, no oil change as that takes you over the limit
window weight reduction to get to the 1000kg limit
twin plate clutch/semi-racing flywheel
Fixed sports suspension kit

That should be enough, although that took me a fair few attempts, aiming for a 1:20.1-2 without a draft and I overtook first place around the outside of the last corner on the last lap...

Thanks for the info :)

Completed it on the 4th attempt. I found it requires a smooth driving style & sub 1.20:02 laps. Posted a few 1.19's which got the job done :)

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I'm confused.

In the Fiat 500 race I came fifth and still won 90k.

In the Skyline race I came fifth and still won 280k when the fifth place prize is 80k, is there a glitch?

Soldato
Prizes go below 6th place shown on the display, and they stack as well, hence for fifth you get the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th... etc down to whatever they go to (guessing 11th?)...

Which is also why if you win say the Fiat 500 one you get ~300k credits (maybe 200k, can't remember)

I think traffic is my problem on fiat 500. First two laps are 1.23 and 1.22.

Yeah, some of them are awkward, there's a ford ka which I kept catching in the last corner, and he's so slow it kinda ruins 2 laps, that is until I realised you could just fly around the outside and barely lose any time :p

But I did find you needed to do some ambitious moves, either late braking or just taking a 'different' exit to get past, things like the right hand kink you can take completely off the track with very little penalty, so even if there's another car at the apex you can still get past...

Last edited:
Associate
update:

B-spec driver at level 20 and he is still not fast enough in a 476bhp(exact) 890kg TVR Tamora '02 fully kitted out.
Work it out, at least 250bhp to make up for the extra sub 200kg in weight over the best Lotus Elise.
Plus the driver level for that race is 13, mine is at 20. I refuse to use any other car now. Will get my B-spec to level 40 if i have to and i still reckon he wont get 1st place :(

Associate
*sigh*

GP/F on the Formula GT event. 12th place now after crashing out in exactly the place you guys just mentioned. That curb is stupidly high. Might as well just throw in the towel on this race, no way he's gonna get out of 12th with that sort of screwup every lap :rolleyes: Good thing I have 300 points at this stage, he's going to need them.

Associate
My driver continues to surprise me, he's back into 6th in a mere 2 laps :D

edit: Actually at this point I'm certain it wasn't even my driver who crashed out, it was another AI that took him out when it crashed, just seen another one do it right behind my guy :o

edit2: Hahaha man my driver is an aggressive little sod :D He overtakes like I do lol Also, one of the lead cars just crashed out right in front of him which he managed to miss and take his place hehe.

Last edited:
Associate
Made the doors come off a rally car (focus) and got a trophy for it...
1292894396612.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom