***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere yet or how accurate it is but I got an email the other day about my pre-order

"Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition (PS3)"
Estimated arrival date: December 17 2010

Later than I'd hoped but better than next year. As for these leaks I hope there are more to come.

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere yet or how accurate it is but I got an email the other day about my pre-order

Later than I'd hoped but better than next year. As for these leaks I hope there are more to come.

had the same from the rainforest site, think they are veering on the side of caution with that date.

Nice! Looks great! Looking forward to it so much, possibly 17 days to go then? :D On the head tracking video, wonder if that was a race car, or what we'll be maybe getting interally for none premium cars?

From that first video of Tsubuka I notice the reflections on the car panels change abruptly. It happens on the roof of the burnt orange metallic CR-V? 2/3rds of the way round the first corner and on its side on the exit.

From that first video of Tsubuka I notice the reflections on the car panels change abruptly. It happens on the roof of the burnt orange metallic CR-V? 2/3rds of the way round the first corner and on its side on the exit.

It happens to the blue car on the right at the same time too.

It happens to the blue car on the right at the same time too.

It seems the shadows just turn on/off rather than fade out. Well noticed could be one of the limations of the game...

I was more interested in the sounds and the new tyre icons.
Even how the front tyres got hot when he brakes.

the roof reflections seem correct if you take into account the way the sun is facing and the bilboards, I am not sure about the side panel though.

I don't think its a mistake, I am sure there is an explanation.

It seems the shadows just turn on/off rather than fade out. Well noticed could be one of the limations of the game...

I was more interested in the sounds and the new tyre icons.
Even how the front tyres got hot when he brakes.

It does sound better indeed but that judgement will be reserved for when I get my dirty mitts on the game :cool:

As for the graphic anomalies, there's of course going to be some scattered about. As long as they have fixed the poor mirror reflections and how about the jagged shadows? Again is that a hardware limitation (not being able to dish out AA so well)?

is it just me or does this game look a bit cartoony? as in the textures just arent quite right for the scenery?

Might just because the most recent videos are being filmed off a tv screen and not direct feed? From all the videos I've seen where the game has been recorded properly I've not noticed any cartoon like effect.

Might just because the most recent videos are being filmed off a tv screen and not direct feed? From all the videos I've seen where the game has been recorded properly I've not noticed any cartoon like effect.

Yeah, I would say it's because of it being filmed form a TV.

They are masters of lighting and I wouldn't worry about that.

So how likely is this 27/11/10 release date then? Getting fed up with the waiting!

You and me both mate. The 27th is just a rumour at the moment, but I wouldn't even trust official launch dates after the lates palava! Saying that though it's looking promising there are lots of things being leaked and copies flying around, heres hoping :)

Ps. How's the S2k going spoon? On track yet?

Back
Top Bottom