********* The Official GTA V (5) thread! *********

Soldato
No they didn't, PC Gamer gave Dragon Age 2 a massively glowing review, as if EA themselves had written it.

They probably did lol.

I liked Dragon age 1, but even that wasn't a 10/10 for me. a Solid 7 easy though. with mods 8+ all day long.

Never got to try the second.

Soldato
Still no dispatch email for my bundle, can't see me getting this tomorrow :eek:

Did they tell you it would come on release? if they did that's a bit crap.

It's looking as though I wont get mine tomorrow either, not a big deal really as long as I get it a few days before online goes live I'm good.

Man of Honour
They probably did lol.

I liked Dragon age 1, but even that wasn't a 10/10 for me. a Solid 7 easy though. with mods 8+ all day long.

Never got to try the second.
I don't think any game is a 10/10 for me. 10/10 means perfect, and even my favourite games of all time (Fallout 3, Ninja Gaiden and others) all fall slightly short of perfect. I have no doubt GTA V will do the same in a few small areas. It's why I never gave a 10/10 as a reviewer, it gives the wrong impression IMO.

Soldato
I don't think any game is a 10/10 for me. 10/10 means perfect, and even my favourite games of all time (Fallout 3, Ninja Gaiden and others) all fall slightly short of perfect. I have no doubt GTA V will do the same in a few small areas. It's why I never gave a 10/10 as a reviewer, it gives the wrong impression IMO.

Agree. 9.9 is as high as it goes :p

I'm positive I'll have little nit picky things about GTA V that I don't like so of course it's not a 10/10 but I have no doubt I'm going to enjoy it more than most, if not all other games.

Permabanned
Did they tell you it would come on release? if they did that's a bit crap.

It's looking as though I wont get mine tomorrow either, not a big deal really as long as I get it a few days before online goes live I'm good.

Yeah they said it would be dispatched before the 17th in time for release date. I've heard zavvi outlet is pretty bad through play.com though :/

Soldato

I wouldn't give any game a 10/10 (as to me that suggests there are no flaws), but I do prefer scoreless reviews anyways. Don't really understand how you can convey how good a game is in a numerical score. Colin Moriarty over at IGN gave an interesting explanation as to why he gave The Last of Us a 10 though, it was something along the lines of the score not meaning that it has no faults, but rather how strongly he felt about the game.

Soldato
No they didn't, PC Gamer gave Dragon Age 2 a massively glowing review, as if EA themselves had written it.

Yeah, my mistake. There are 2 reviewers I always get mixed up.

My Royal Mail tracking no isn't working unfortunately.

I see it the other way, as a grading system where there are always many 10/10 games for me(probably upwards of 10 I would think).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The flaw there is that if no game can ever be perfect then no game will ever achieve 10/10, which means you're using a 9-point score and 9/10 is essentially 10/10 anyway.

Plenty of places have given it a 'full' score (be it 5/5 or 10/10) but still mentioned or listed negative aspects, I don't think a 10/10 necessarily needs to mean it's absolutely perfect and faultless.

Soldato
EBGames have shipped mine this morning at 7.30am. It's coming all the way from Ontario, but I paid for Express shipping so it should be here tomorrow!

Unfortunately I've watched so many gameplay videos, I wish I hadn't as it would have been nice to keep some of the surprises for myself, but never mind, it looks awesome and I can't wait! :)

Soldato
The flaw there is that if no game can ever be perfect then no game will ever achieve 10/10, which means you're using a 9-point score and 9/10 is essentially 10/10 anyway.

Plenty of places have given it a 'full' score (be it 5/5 or 10/10) but still mentioned or listed negative aspects, I don't think a 10/10 necessarily needs to mean it's absolutely perfect and faultless.

The problem is that most people will take a flood of 10s as meaning that a game is the second coming of Christ. Different people may have similar views on a game, but give it a different number because they see it as deserving of a higher or lower score, which often times means that some terrific games have their average bumped down to say, somewhere in the region of 6-8 while some yearly rehash of a game gets straight 9s/10s.

Last edited:
Soldato
:mad: There will be blood.

Why haven't I got the dispatch email yet? :(.

No idea mate, I'm wondering the same thing.

My only guess is that they are giving us special delivery and are hopefully going to stick to the release day delivery and they just haven't sent out any confirmation to CE orders yet.

Back
Top Bottom