***The Official Guitar Thread***

Caporegime
Yeah, in the space of about 18 months I must've spent a small fortune, but there is enough gear there to start my own band with pedals to boot. I don't get GAS for guitar gear anymore lol

I think this maybe your problem with practice...you may have suffered choice paralysis...

To pre occupied with fiddling with sounds than actually learning anything..

My first guitar was a scabby Hohner Strat copy in sunburst...not even an amp as I was a skint 15 year old...but I played that thing 8 hours a day...

I’ve seen people with 3 guitars and loads of pedals in bands before and they were crap guitar players...I’ve seen people with one guitar , one amp and they blew my mind growing up...

When I was in my blues band in my twenties...I had a An American Tele and a Fender blues deluxe...that was it...the less I had to carry to gigs the better :p

At one point I had 4 PRS, this is the only guitar that I sold, or Part-Ex rather for the Gibson.

Customer 22 Special, it has a single coil in the middle, with coil tap.

C2gJKmz.jpg

M1XsWpr.jpg

5FxOYBr.jpg

Never been into PRS guitars...I always thought they made you look like a twit rhymes like rat...

Why sell the custom 22?
Guitars I have
  1. Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue (2018)
  2. PRS Custom 24
  3. PRS Singlecut (pre Gibson lawsuit)
  4. EVH Frankentstrat replica (self made)
  5. EVH black and white VH1 replica (basically a painted and modified Squire Strat)
  6. Peavey Wolfgang Special
LfDcU.jpg

QNrtk.jpg

qku0XvP.jpg

QvUoc.jpg

8MRzQ.jpg

Guitars I've sold
  1. PRS Custom 22
  2. Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton "blackie"
  3. Brian May Red Special
t4ZZZ.jpg

No other pictures.. I really should have taken some :(

Who knows, I may trade some in against an SG or a nice Strat but I'm not in any rush. I can't even get in the room where the amp is at the moment.. that's this weekend's plan!

Of all the guitars I've owned or sold I really only want a LP, Strat, SG, PRS Custom 24 and my EVH frankenstrat. In my mind, that's enough of a range that I would be happy with as a complete collection. I got my Wolfgang on a whim, sold my Clapton Strat when I got divorced :)() and got given the PRS Singlecut... they're not the guitars I idolised over like I did with a LP, hence why I decided that I'd buy something now.

Question: those with multiple guitars... do you have them hung on the wall? I'd like to, as some are buried in a case which makes me sad. Thinking about a small 5-guitar stand from Amazon to at least get rid of the bulk.

I hang my main ones on the wall...the others are in my studio in a fender stand case tweed...

You sold a PRS custom 22 too?

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Yeah, I needed money whilst going through a divorce... the custom 24 was a present from my parents and my first guitar worth more than £100 so I said to myself that I’ll never sell that.

I basically chose the one that I liked the least and sold it. Bit gutted now, but I’m slowly getting the set up I want :)

Permabanned
To be pre occupied with fiddling with sounds than actually learning anything..

My first guitar was a scabby Hohner Strat copy in sunburst...not even an amp as I was a skint 15 year old...but I played that thing 8 hours a day...

I’ve seen people with 3 guitars and loads of pedals in bands before and they were crap guitar players...I’ve seen people with one guitar , one amp and they blew my mind growing up...

True, I spent my formative years learning bass, then picked up the 6 string in my mid 30s and haven't really got the proficiency I've got on the bass, and my
guitar talent has stalled at merely perfunctory and average.

I saw Steely Dan at Glasgow the other day and spent most of the time being depressed at how good the [ session ] guitarist was and how crap I was .

Caporegime
True, I spent my formative years learning bass, then picked up the 6 string in my mid 30s and haven't really got the proficiency I've got on the bass, and my
guitar talent has stalled at merely perfunctory and average.

I saw Steely Dan at Glasgow the other day and spent most of the time being depressed at how good the [ session ] guitarist was and how crap I was .

Don’t compare yourself to anyone in steely Dan !

I’m after an American Jazz Bass ...what bass you got ?

Caporegime
I know this is Guitars but just exploring Youtube and found this...Ponty doing his thing

This is just perfect...RIP Zappa and utilising great musicians...Ponty, man that solo on Fifty Fifty gets me every time :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't want to speak too soon but after years of kind of stagnating in my playing I feel like I've finally been making some progress lately :)

There's a series on Anderton's TV channel where they teamed up with Justin from JustinGuitar to do a series where he tries to teach Lee Anderton some theory (and Lee, like me, is self-confessed not that comfortable with it or hasn't really tried)... The format of it is really good (basically just being a fly on the wall for a lesson from a really good teacher, but with someone as confused by theory as you asking questions etc)

Soldato
What are they ? Pics ?

I'll get pictures later but here is the list:
Danelectro DC 59
Danelectro DC 59 12 String
Fender American Vintage '64 Telecaster
Fender CD-160SE 12-String
Fender Custom Shop '64 Stratocaster
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Gibson 61 Reissue SG
Gibson Custom Shop '58 Les Paul
Gibson ES-330
Gibson ES-335
Taylor 210e DLX
Squire Fender Jazz Bass

Soldato
Here's my lonely 94/95 MIJ Strat with Van Zandt (Vintage Plus) pickups.

mijstrat.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I have put a deposit down on a Marshall 1959 Plexi (handwired). Just need to sell the 5150 now. Oops :o

Caporegime
20w??

I only buy 100w heads :D

Yeah the new reissue put like last month is 20w that goes down to 5W. It sounds great from all the clips. However I read a post from an amp tech on his comment on the internals of it, long story short is that it was good but certain parts is built to a price point like the PSU could be larger etc.

I’m happy with what I’ve got...I’m the guy with all the gear but no idea when it comes to playing. Think I’ll get myself a teacher this year and have a proper go at it.

Back
Top Bottom