***The Official Guitar Thread***

Man of Honour
It's weird how I've gone totally different after gigging for 46 years with various amps, stacks, pedals and guitars etc.
I now go through a Roland GR55 Guitar Synth which emulates any sound I want and that is amplified by a Mackie powered PA speaker.

Soldato
I thought you used a Line 6 jobbie I was going to ask actually if you would recommend them as a friend is very interested. I quite like the look of that big chunky amp they brought out recently.

I like them guitar synths - don't forget one of their most prominent advocates - Pat Metheny!

Edit: I now officially am not happy with you Dimple you've now added something else to what I want :D Gawd I am going to be so broke.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I thought you used a Line 6 jobbie I was going to ask actually if you would recommend them as a friend is very interested. I quite like the look of that big chunky amp they brought out recently.

I like them guitar synths - don't forget one of their most prominent advocates - Pat Metheny!

Edit: I now officially am not happy with you Dimple you've now added something else to what I want :D Gawd I am going to be so broke.

I've had everything from Marshall Stacks to a Line 6 15 watt on stage.
My last 2 amps were a Marshall TSL602 which I then changed for a Blackstar ID:30 and my sound improved while not getting a bad back. My lead guitarist finally gave in and changed from his Marshall valve gear to a Blackstar ID:60 and now has the sound he always wanted.
Last year I bought the Roland GR55 and it totally transformed my life but I originally put it through the Blackstar until a full range PA speaker was mentioned and life is now sweet.
The new band I linked to has me playing all sorts from Gibson, Guild & Martin acoustics, a superb Frusciante toned Strat, several more guitar sounds I've dreamed of and then a Hammond and Sax.
I can see the jealousy in my guitarist eyes and he will end up having one which is quite funny since he's always been an advocate of Fenders > a couple of toys > Marshall Valves (or Fender Twin Reverb).

Before our bass player joined I was playing bass and the synth gave me a superb Fender Jazz & Precision. He came to watch us, was knocked out by my sound and joined us because you can't use a synth to play bass :D

Soldato
I'm going to have to get off my bum one of these days and come and see you play.

I may have a look and see if I can get in to Brum to guitarguitar and have a look at the Roland and have a play. I like being able to mess around with stuff but I also don't like having a clutter of instruments effects stuff everywhere making the house messy too. Our place is rapidly looking more like a recording studio than a home as it is.

Caporegime
I'm going to have to get off my bum one of these days and come and see you play.

I may have a look and see if I can get in to Brum to guitarguitar and have a look at the Roland and have a play. I like being able to mess around with stuff but I also don't like having a clutter of instruments effects stuff everywhere making the house messy too. Our place is rapidly looking more like a recording studio than a home as it is.

I have a friend who had a Roland Blues Artist (?), the £699 one, and he rates he as high as his Carr Rambler and Lazj J J20 amp which are £2k+ amps.

Man of Honour
OP
Right - so it's my birthday today and my girlfriend bought me a new pedal....

Who wants to hear what a Miku sounds like through a boogie? :eek: :p

Soldato
Happy Birthday and yes we want to hear it :)

I am undecided what to request you play ... Plug in Baby!

Edit: More requests - the start of For the Love of God, Stairway and Sweet Child of Mine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because! Add requests :)

I think basically we need a classic riff and solo passages compilation eg as above but stuff such as Sunshine, Hey Joe, Purple Haze, Layla, Smoke on the Water, etc etc.

Can you play Hotel California Nitefly? I reckon that would be super awesome!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Well no demos today as "unfortunately" for you guys it didn't arrive in time so I just told it's coming instead... From Japan! :eek:

The above YouTube video made me laugh and I showed it to her months ago, so she sneakily found and ordered one as a joke present :D :cool:

Soldato
I quite like them two - they are pretty good to watch and generally cover some good stuff. It's a bit Top Gear (proper Top Gear) for guitarheads.

Don't forget my requests!

Soldato
Lol. I am betting 10 quid right now you was like
'Hmm interesting'
'Hmmm not bad'
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
'BUYING IT NOW!'

For that classic era vibe all you need now is a one-armed drummer.

Man of Honour
Lol. I am betting 10 quid right now you was like
'Hmm interesting'
'Hmmm not bad'
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
'BUYING IT NOW!'

For that classic era vibe all you need now is a one-armed drummer.

You're not far off :D

In my number two rock band I'm using a mixture of rock guitar with hammond on Deep Purple & Uriah Heep tracks.
In the 3rd band I was using a lot of sounds including hammonds, sax, flute, rhodes and guitar sounds but we have now disbanded.
This new band I'm mainly using guitar sounds of which there are 1000s to choose from.

Man of Honour
It's been out for some time now I bet a new and improved model isn't that far off.

To be honest it's hard to see how they can improve unless they just add more guitars, amps, effects and synth sounds.
You can already add your original guitar sound + midi guitar sound + two synths together.
It would be useful to have more preset pedals but I would need a bigger case.
When I can be bothered I'll have to make my own video.

Soldato
Well for start they could smarten up the display and add in official tablet/smartphone support like you get on the Line 6 stuff. I saw the non-official app.

The more you chaps post the more I am realising how little extra gear I have, guess that comes from the styles I play, but I do get the impression if I came around your house or Raymond's it would be like paying a visit to Matt Bellamy with guitar wizardry everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom