The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Soldato
yea I think kripp was playing against towelliee last night, or they wanted to but didn't? i dunno. Murlocs OP :p

Not sure if they are even giving keys out to EU atm? seems on the streams and such they say the keys are going out to asia and NA currently? not 100% on this.

Associate
Hearthstone

Does anyone have a hearthstone beta invite yet?

Just wondering because I've been waiting for a while - managed to play the game at gamescon and now I really want a key.

If anyone has a key they're not using and can send me it that'd also be great.

The game is just an online card game, a very basic version of Magic with completely different rules regarding resources etc. You can find more information out here: http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

Soldato
The game is just an online card game, a very basic version of Magic with completely different rules regarding resources etc.

It's even more basic as compared to Pokemon TCG, maybe as basic as playing blackjack lol. from the videos and streams I've seen of it anyway...

Magic is very complex, for a TCG anyway and even a basic version would put most off...

This however is an easy to pick up, fun game (from what I've watched)

Wanna play it though! :mad:

Associate
It's even more basic as compared to Pokemon TCG, maybe as basic as playing blackjack lol. from the videos and streams I've seen of it anyway...

Magic is very complex, for a TCG anyway and even a basic version would put most off...

This however is an easy to pick up, fun game (from what I've watched)

Wanna play it though! :mad:

Yes indeed you're right. It's such a simplistic card game so anyone can pick it up, it is very fun though :)

And I do play MTGO (Magic the Gathering Online) but that was my first thought for comparison. It is as you said, much much more simplistic in both strategy (deck building, and turn bases strat) and play style.

Soldato
The only thing I'm concerned about is that buying packs will lead to pay2win.

although I've not read anything on the subject, I've only watched a few hours of game play (sadly).

Associate
Does anyone have a hearthstone beta invite yet?

Just wondering because I've been waiting for a while - managed to play the game at gamescon and now I really want a key.

If anyone has a key they're not using and can send me it that'd also be great.

Even though the beta keys are universal and not region specific you will still not be able to play until the EU Beta is live. But you can bind one to your account in the mean time.

Associate
Is there a date for when the EU BETA starts?

No but as Aeleys said they are announcing news on the EU beta in the next few days. Also bearing in mind their is a big wave of keys going out today so fansites and facebook pages should be doing more giveaways again.

Back
Top Bottom