The Official "How Much I Earn/What Job I Do" Information Thread

Caporegime
22-25, £10000-£12000, IT Tech-School, Level 1, 37 hrs a week I believe

Money is after tax, I'm only term time also, Level I guess as I left school after GCSE's with nothing higher than a C...This time last year I was on 18k on a support desk doing 1st/2nd and some 3rd...Tis a grand life

Permabanned
Salary: £0 :D
Education: Level 6
Hours: 15hrs a week

Soldato
How did you manage to land that job :D?

Excuse the pun

Apply Here

Around 3% of applicants get offered a course. The current pass rate at the college is around 66% If you pass that you go to a unit for on the job training. I think the average pass rate across all the units works out around 70%

but quite a stressful job IIRC.

Not as stressful as most would think. Challenging yes, but not stressful.

Associate
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Education: Level 6
Hours : 50-60pw

line for analysis
22-25, 25001-30000, Media, Level 6, 50-60

Last edited:
Soldato
On an interesting side note the average penis size of the members of this forum is 7.25", ladies come get some!

Based on this information whilst also being armed, as it were, with statistical information on the male member will lead to one of the following two conclusions:

1. OCUK members fall on the far right hand side of the bell curve of penis sizes.

2. Any information gleamed from this thread should be taken with a pinch of salt as there may be some serious, er, embellishment.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out what is more probable.

:o:D

Man of Honour
I think he did a thread about it when he was applying / starting.

It's well paid, but quite a stressful job IIRC. Although you get a lot of leave, and well paid, I don't know if I could do it!
I had a look for that post but I can't find it. I'll see if I have it in a notepad file somewhere. The recruitment and training process has changed significantly from when I did it so it would he out of date info anyway.

As you say, it's reasonably well paid (not well enough IMO :p), lots of time off (I work on average 180 days a year) and when you're at work there are lots of breaks. Downsides include shiftwork, working weekends, xmas, bank holidays etc.

Depends where you work ;)
Generally it's not as stressful as most people perceive. During normal operations it's no more stressful than anything else. When the poop hits the fan though you can get that horrible feeling in your gut :D
It also depends on where you are posted to. You could be posted to a unit which has regular high rates of traffic in very complex airspace or you could be posted to somewhere that has the occasional flurry in an otherwise very quiet day.
The bottom line is that there are plenty of measures in place to balance out any increased stress or high intensity. The big bonus is that when you unplug your headset, you can forget about work until you go in the next day. You never take it home with you (unless of course, the poop hits the fan :p)

Permabanned
Apply Here

Around 3% of applicants get offered a course. The current pass rate at the college is around 66% If you pass that you go to a unit for on the job training. I think the average pass rate across all the units works out around 70%

Would you mind if I send you a message?

Permabanned
I had a look for that post but I can't find it. I'll see if I have it in a notepad file somewhere. The recruitment and training process has changed significantly from when I did it so it would he out of date info anyway.

As you say, it's reasonably well paid (not well enough IMO :p), lots of time off (I work on average 180 days a year) and when you're at work there are lots of breaks. Downsides include shiftwork, working weekends, xmas, bank holidays etc.

Depends where you work ;)
Generally it's not as stressful as most people perceive. During normal operations it's no more stressful than anything else. When the poop hits the fan though you can get that horrible feeling in your gut :D
It also depends on where you are posted to. You could be posted to a unit which has regular high rates of traffic in very complex airspace or you could be posted to somewhere that has the occasional flurry in an otherwise very quiet day.
The bottom line is that there are plenty of measures in place to balance out any increased stress or high intensity. The big bonus is that when you unplug your headset, you can forget about work until you go in the next day. You never take it home with you (unless of course, the poop hits the fan :p)

Do you work in ATC as well? Would you mind if I asked you a few questions over trust?

regards

Soldato
You back in aberdeen mate? You go to moorings much? also need to speak to you if you know much about draconian?

KaHn

Hey mate, yeah - well kinda, my office is in Banchory but I'm about to move into a new flat in Aberdeen so yes!

I used to go there a fair bit, haven't been for a while though as I think the people who own it are right ****s :)

I've heard it's a pretty good place to go for tattoo's, the best place in Aberdeen is Richard's though (right next door to the moorings!). I'm actually gonna get something done there in the next month or so!

Welcome back to the grey city haha

Back
Top Bottom