*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Man of Honour
Really? That's strange! I thought only unbranded phones came in official HTC boxes!

Robboftw , going halfsies on the £9.99 seems like a good plan, I could always send you a zip too of your chosen "bake" :p

*edit*

It looks like (going by the latest posts in the kitchen thread) that people using the kitchen to exclude stock apps (friend stream etc) are getting force close issues and boot loops and so on so I think I will opt out of the kitchen and use a pre-baked rom once rooted ¬_¬

I could settle with that setup until a 2.2 variant is released. I really want a complete Android stock rom without any Sense-ified additions.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well, I'll have to see later on!

If I register an account you can just tell me what you want on it and I'll make you a "bake", it's no problem :p

I assume the default Launcher when you disable Sense, is exactly the same as the N1 Launcher, correct?

Man of Honour
Well, I'll have to see later on!

If I register an account you can just tell me what you want on it and I'll make you a "bake", it's no problem :p

I assume the default Launcher when you disable Sense, is exactly the same as the N1 Launcher, correct?

That's correct but I'd hold off the kitchen until there's more confirmation that excluding Sense is all fine because it seems you have to leave enabled the stock apps like friend stream, peep and sync etc.

Man of Honour
That's correct but I'd hold off the kitchen until there's more confirmation that excluding Sense is all fine because it seems you have to leave enabled the stock apps like friend stream, peep and sync etc.

Ah, well if it's only Peep and Friendstream etc I can leave those enabled, I just ideally want to the N1 style Launcher to try out in preparation for 2.2 :p

Few things I don't like about LauncherPro, it could be fixed by combining it with HelixLauncher2 but then you'd just end up with the default Launcher anyway!

Soldato
Coming from an the locked down iPhone ;) I feel a sense of freedom when I think about jumping to a HTC Desire.

Does anyone have any links to where I can read all that is possible with a HTC Desire? All about the roms, mods, firmware updates.

Thanks

Man of Honour
Probably me but I want o make sure I do it right lol!

Slightly different to on the HTC Magic when I did that back in the day!

Well considering it looks as simple as sticking a zip on the SD card and then pressing a button when you turn the phone on, and loading the new "update", I cant see you spaffing it up, but I'll let you go first all the same :D

Man of Honour
Just got my Desire :D

Is there anything I "really" must do ?

Flash it in the face of iPhone users :p

Or get jazzed up with awesome apps (see essential apps thread).

Well considering it looks as simple as sticking a zip on the SD card and then pressing a button when you turn the phone on, and loading the new "update", I cant see you spaffing it up, but I'll let you go first all the same :D

I'll do it tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom