*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Caporegime
Hopefully you won't!

I have been very happy with the update overall so far. Still not sure about battery life though (think ICS was just a bit better).....

My only dislikes about it are:

- power saver notification in the tray constantly
- battery info. screens are crap
- having to hit 2 buttons to get to my camera gallery
- Lockscreen when using a PIN

And for others:

- stock sense keyboard lag (why anyone uses anything other than swiftkey 3 though is beyond me! :p)
- music crackly or something like that when playing with 3G/H connection iirc

Last edited:
Caporegime
quick ics browser works, however, text reflow doesn't (and doesn't work in most other browsers either any more)

The stock sense browser is the best from my experience, fast/smooth, text reflow, flash and quick controls, which are much better now and most importantly renders the web pages properly unlike opera, chrome and firefox :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
AFAIK, nope! :(

Only another 1486 posts till you get your moustache! :D :p

Order placed for the rock case and says it should be here on Monday or Tuesday but due to the snow, I doubt that it will be.

Hopefully I will like it and not take it off after 2 weeks or so of use like my 3 other cases :p :o Main complaints with the diztronic was taking away the sleek/minimal design and feeling nowhere as good as the MAO finish, whilst the rock case still won't be as good as the S "naked", I think it will be a lot better than the diztronic etc. and at least add some protection.

Will post pics when it arrives :)

Caporegime
Hmm, just tried that out and I didn't encounter that issue :confused:

Hold down the multi-tasking touch button for menu and it pops up with the menu for the browser opened and I click the URL bar and the keyboard comes up etc.

Had a look through settings and couldn't see anything.

Try clearing the settings/cache in the app settings via settings>apps>browser

Last edited:
Soldato
it's almost as if i'm clicking another area of the screen, which i'm definitely not :p

cleared the cache but it's not changed it...

i've enabled quick controls too, so at least i can get to tabs that way instead of relying on the iffy bar on my phone.

Caporegime
Yeah but it doesn't work well for these reasons:

- you have to diagonally pinch to zoom in order to expand it (can be hit and miss as to if it will work!), which is quite tricky given the small height size of the notification, although iirc isn't that improved in 4.1.2 or 4.2 so you only have to swipe down with one finger?
- due to the power saver notification in the notification tray, it means that is the first "notification" thus anything else that comes after it i.e. message, missed call etc. won't be expanded by default (as iirc only the first notification is expanded by default for all android devices)

For now I generally only expand the notification if I have just taken a screenshot and want to upload it to imgur or copy the URL of the image that was just uploaded via the imgur app.

Received an email today that it has been dispatched by RM 1st class but probably won't be here till Thursday or Friday :(

Soldato
How are you finding JB/sense V4+ so far skillmister?

New pin number unlock screen is super annoying.
Translucent notification bar on lock screen annoys me far more than it should :p
Had to change browsers.

I like the new camera layout.
Does seem slightly snappier through menus etc.
Plugging into PC as disk mode by default is awesome.

Can't comment on battery as you know mine is pretty random because of poor wifi signal.

May be some other stuff i'm yet to notice.

Back
Top Bottom