*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Caporegime
Yeah still need to get round to doing this! :o Really just cba with it :p

By the looks of things, we definitely won't be getting the sense V5 etc. update, no word from HTC at all and they have updated pretty much all the other phones from last year over the last 3 or so months and seem to now be concentrating on the 4.3 update for the htc one and getting that out this month + that twitter guy tweeted something like "not looking good".........

Last edited:
Soldato
just do it mate, took me about an hour (being VERY careful etc) to get a rom up and running.

just flashed this one, and i'm having to spend about a day setting the thing up :p so much to play with, and you get a tuned kernel with it, so uber powersaving ahoy :D :D :D

literally loving this rom, so clean and well thought out, and absolutely buttloaded with features!

Soldato
a few screenshots:

Screenshot_2013-09-09-12-02-48.png

Screenshot_2013-09-09-12-02-59.png

Screenshot_2013-09-09-12-03-05.png

Screenshot_2013-09-09-12-03-19.png

Screenshot_2013-09-09-12-03-28.png

Screenshot_2013-09-09-12-03-40.png

Last edited:
Soldato
does everything work on that bean stalk rom? it looks amazing and ive just got a S4:( Might have to flash my old One S with this instead of the magiorom

Soldato
yup, all works a charm!

only noticed one slight glitch which is the lockscreen sometimes having the notif bar corrupted, but screen off/on sorts it out.

it's insanely fast, battery life in mental now (although i need to experiment with different governors) and the feature list is terrifying!

i'm still customising it, but so far easily the best rom i've ran.

e: only thing i'm really missing coming from a sense rom is the beats audio thing; the dsp manager is alright i guess, but nowhere near as bassy without distortion at high volumes as beats, but maybe it's something they can integrate later...

Last edited:
Soldato
don't know about fm radio, never ever use it, but i'll test now for ya :)

e: lol it's not even on there :p

if you have the apk you can send me i'll give it a whirl (only thing i found on play store was for net-based radio, which i presume that's not what you meant?)

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to see how you get on with that twisted - if you find the battery life improved and don't encounter any issues in other aspects, I might well try my first ROM. Getting sick of daily charging tbh.

Soldato
^i was on trickdroid (sense 5 rom) before, and the only thing that was better on that was having beats audio. everything else is turd in comparison to beanstalk, i mean literally everything (well, bar the cam, but i need to test that)

Soldato
Going to see how you get on with that twisted - if you find the battery life improved and don't encounter any issues in other aspects, I might well try my first ROM. Getting sick of daily charging tbh.

i'd say it heavily depends on your usage; atm i'm using it way more than i should because it's a new rom and i want to **** about with it; i'm up to about 4/5 hours screen time with 30% left atm (although i restarted twice today because i got lag when i started using the sidebar, disabled it, then tried it again later; after restart it was fine). so yeah, battery seems much better, and that's using the ondemand governor. i'll try it again tomorrow with moderate usage (as in what i'd normally use it for during the day) and see how it is, then subsequently try different governors (aside from performance and conservative).

i'll post up bbs info later each day for comparison.

Caporegime
How are you finding the custom ROM scene from both the AOSP and sense ROMs perspective? Any annoying niggles at all i.e. slow downs every now and then, wifi or signal etc. cutting out unexpectedly, apps force closing etc.?

Soldato
So far I've found everything working better on custom roms, aside from the 1st boot with trickdroid (wifi didn't work, rebooted, worked).

There is a small bit of lag on the lockscreen using a non-default wallpaper on the lockscreen itself, but that's about it. Everything is so snappy and smooth, it's amazing

E: I found signal to be pretty much the same on trickdroid, but I was using the stock kernel, on beanstalk it comes with a new kernel which seems to improve it somewhat

Last edited:
Soldato
here's a pic of my dog looking a bit high...

IMG_20130910_102044193.jpg

didn't bother fiddling with any settings, so that's just 'as is'. seems alright to me, but not as rich colours as with the sense camera. also this was taken using the cyanogen cam called focal iirc.

emu

emu

Associate
just sold my iphone 5 on before the price drops too much and picked up an htc one x fort 100 quid

have they received the sense 5 update yet ?

Back
Top Bottom