*** The official HTC One S thread ***

Soldato
So it turns out the issue is caused by having message threads that are approaching the 5k mark. Backed up all SMS and changed the options to delete old messages when it hits 3000. Waited a while and everything is now fine.

Caporegime
Take with a pinch of salt for now......

Hi guys. Some sickening news here for you. A user has reported this to me via Facebook after contacting the company's technical support center:

"I have been checking on the latest information available, and the phones commercialized or sold in Europe and Asia are the ones that will not receive any more updates. Nothing has been stated officially for the USA, Canada, Central and Latin America. Please stay tuned with us, on our web pages, for further news regarding your phone. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused." [sic]

Make of it, what you will. I guess the Snapdragon S4 users in Europe and Asia have all just been screwed over.

The moto phones and nexus 5 can't come soon enough! Just going to have to put up with stock android (main thing I will miss from sense will be the camera/gallery app, unified feel and the browser [although the new opera and firefox beta are pretty good now, both have text reflow]) and most likely a mediocre camera and just rely heavily on lightroom.

Caporegime
Well possibly some very good news for us! (very reliable source, was one of the first to say that the one s wouldn't be getting the update and has got other things right when it comes to htc devices)

UNLOLyR.png

I will believe it when I actually start to see it hitting our devices though! Knowing HTC, they will either do another u-turn (like with the desire hd) or take forever to bring the update :p

The question is though, will it come quick enough and be properly optimised/ported to the S in order to stop me from moving to the moto X!

Have over 7000 signatures on the petition now! Thanks to everyone who signed it :)

Caporegime
Hmmmm, might not be released OTA, just on HTC dev, so in other words, it could be a buggy unoptimised/quick rushed version and/or with features missing?

Why else would they not officially release it OTA for all phones? Did this with the desire, didn't release it OTA as it wasn't done to an acceptable standard, had cut loads of apps out etc. (although from my friends desire's, it seemed to work more or less fine for every day usage)

They had such plans, but it seems they are looking for a solution...Maybe they will release update on HTC Dev...not as OTA...

From the same guy. I also love how he puts "looking for a solution" as if to say that bringing the update will be a very hard process....... :rolleyes:

Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Caporegime
Could someone running stock sense/no root try this out for me please.

The motorola active notification app:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2395549

Latest alpha build.

Do the notifications work ok i.e. show the email and sms etc. correctly or do you just see a battery icon (the power saver icon) and "null" as the info./preview i.e.

http://i.imgur.com/17VyzXl.png

http://i.imgur.com/lW4EiG0.png

Only missed calls show up correctly for me but some guy has said that it works fine on his stock one S (s3 version) :confused:

Soldato
It doesn't work on mine, I get the battery icon and null text too (Stock sense/4.1.1 :p Didn't Google release that almost a year ago now? Great support HTC! :D)

Tried it on the N7 but it's very gimmicky and a bit pointless without being persistent.

Caporegime
I think it is a lot longer than a year now! :o :p

Yeah he will be adding that option and the breathing/pulsing effect soon supposedly. Pretty damn good so far though and has released several updates in a few days :cool: Certainly a lot more he can do to it i.e. custom font, colour etc. I reckon this will surpass the motorola default system within the month!

Caporegime
The newest version has fixed the above problems so it shows proper notifications now :cool:

Only problems left so far are:

- doesn't show multiple notifications, only shows the most recent one
- when you ignore/swipe away a notification, the screen doesn't turn back of, brings me to my pin keyboard
- needs to constantly show up/pulse (still working on that so hopefully we will get it in the next update)

Caporegime
The HTC one XL has also received the sense V5/4.2.2 update so that means that we should get a fully working sense V5 rom pretty soon! :cool:

Can't see the one s getting the official update so will flash etc. but don't have the time to do it for the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom