***The Official HTC One Thread***

Well here's something I didn't know till today!

I was a little annoyed that the image/effects editor was removed from Sense 5.0 Gallery. Instead, just a few presets under the effects menu.

However, you can edit those effects!

Hold and drag an effect to edit it. Here you can tweak the desired effect, as well as add more effects, including effects that aren't listed under the presets (contrast/brightness/exposure and so on).

You can also create a new preset by dragging and editing the "No Effects" preset in the editor. So I created a preset with every effect added (at the default values, so as not to apply any effect when first selected). Then, save this preset with a name of your choice. The reason for creating a preset that does nothing, but has all effects active is so I can now use this preset to edit every aspect of my image easily. So, for example, I want to edit the contrast of an image. Drag the custom preset to edit, then edit the contrast, click "done" (not save preset). You'll see that it does add another preset with your current settings, but this is only temp. Save your image.

Now, if you back out of gallery, then back in, edit an image, click effects, that temp. preset is gone, but your custom one is still listed. So to edit another, just drag your custom preset to edit and away you go.

Also, effects, frames and the like can be rearranged by dragging in the editor.

[SKR]Phoenix;24478812 said:
Well here's something I didn't know till today!

I was a little annoyed that the image/effects editor was removed from Sense 5.0 Gallery. Instead, just a few presets under the effects menu.

However, you can edit those effects!

Hold and drag an effect to edit it. Here you can tweak the desired effect, as well as add more effects, including effects that aren't listed under the presets (contrast/brightness/exposure and so on).

You can also create a new preset by dragging and editing the "No Effects" preset in the editor. So I created a preset with every effect added (at the default values, so as not to apply any effect when first selected). Then, save this preset with a name of your choice. The reason for creating a preset that does nothing, but has all effects active is so I can now use this preset to edit every aspect of my image easily. So, for example, I want to edit the contrast of an image. Drag the custom preset to edit, then edit the contrast, click "done" (not save preset). You'll see that it does add another preset with your current settings, but this is only temp. Save your image.

Now, if you back out of gallery, then back in, edit an image, click effects, that temp. preset is gone, but your custom one is still listed. So to edit another, just drag your custom preset to edit and away you go.

Also, effects, frames and the like can be rearranged by dragging in the editor.

Nice find! Well, it is news to me :)

Found it by accident. Got distracted when applying an effect and kept my thumb on the screen.

Then I just started holding and dragging on all sorts to see what could be done.

Shame HTC didn't tell us about it, hate having third party apps installed to do things that should be easily done in the default apps.

Well that was a lot harder than expected! Went to two vodafone stores (Marylebone and flagship oxford street), carphone warehouse and EE (both on oxford street) and none had a black one on display for me to compare. CPW and vodafone oxford street only had stock and thus would not open one to see.

Anyway managed to eventually find one in P4U oxford street and I have to say this is the first time I will be going for a non-black/dark coloured phone in a long time (previously nexus 4, blue s3 and black iphone 4). Before I get flamed, this is only my opinion but I found the black to be quite disappointing in person. It is understated but I think the matte effect almost makes the phone dull. The nexus 4 with it's all glass exterior although understated still had a sense of occasion which I think is a bit lost with the black one. I usually hate light coloured phones (especially white) but as the one retains mostly silver aluminium it looks more industrial than hipster and the black screen is a nice contrast against the silver. I wish the inserts weren't white and instead a colour coded plastic but overall the package is stunning.

In addition (although more likely to be abused) the black one was showing significant signs of wear and tear with the silver underlayer showing on the edges and a chip at the bottom. The silver probably had scratches but they were definitely not noticeable.

Anyway will hopefully pick one up tonight after work on a 12 month vodafone contract as I get 20% corporate discount. Can't wait.

Gah so signed up to the new contract. Opened the phone in store to check for issues..panel gap at the top and bottom and two slight hairline scratches on the screen. Could I exchange on the spot? Nope that was the last silver in stock...typical. They'll put one aside for me as soon as new stock is received.

Don't like the design of the front at all! Looks cheap imo (in that photo anyway). At least it has a better button/logo arrangement! :p

This really, reminds me off something Samsung would push out. Also if this is globally released I will be disappointed in HTC. They really just need to focus on pushing the One and if they 5m figure is true their of to a really good start. I have seen more HTC One's then I did the One X so far.

Also today I saw the HTC One in Black. Dayam is just so matte and sexy, finger prints are a bitch thou.

Back
Top Bottom