**** The Official HTC U12+ Thread ****

Associate
Well my shipment conisted of the usb to headphone adapter. No sign of the phone yet...at least for me in the UK.

Soldato
Yeah doesn't make good reading but the general direction smartphones are heading now seems to be all about fixing things that aren't broken...

Removal of headphone jack
Move to 18:9 form factor
Obsession with "bezel-less" design (which only Samsung have got right but then screw it up with the pointless edge screen)
And now replacing mechanical buttons...

What a time to be alive!

I like the 18:9 aspect ratio - you can see more on screen :)

Soldato
As long as it would last a day battery life isn't an issue. Prefer 1080p@60hz over 4k to be honest but all the same the overheating is a bit of concern.

The htc fanboy in me still wants to try one out though :rolleyes:

Edit: ordered one from the official club, will see if the poor reviews are justified.

Last edited:
Soldato
Received the phone this morning, Would like to talk about the button issues but it's not even got to the setup screen yet, just boot loops lol. Not a good sign. Hopefully it's just a bad flash and If I can find the right RUU I'll attempt a flash myself, failing that it's an obvious return.

3wCxirsl.jpg

Soldato
Put it in download mode and flashed it but made sod all difference, Phone locks up and reboots, so must be faulty hardware. Might regret it but ordered another and will send this back for a refund.

Soldato
Well no issues with a different phone, got it setup without any reboots. The issue seems to be the edge sensitivity and how you hold the phone. Sometimes you end up pushing the volume buttons and performing an edge squeeze, the later seems to take precedence, as per the visual feedback and the fact the volume doesn't increase. So a work around would be to decrease the edge sensitivity, which is in the options, or just turn if off completely.

On a side note the audio output is bloody good, I still have a V30+ and was holding on to that for the quad dac and the wide angled lens but I would be more than happy listening to tunes on the U12+ and usonic earphones.

Last edited:
Associate
Buttons fine, included earbuds good, screen very nice, camera is also good. Battery lasts me plenty, about two days, but i dont sit watching videos, taking 5 milion selfies or playing with it endlessly. I'm very pleased with it.

Soldato
Recent upgrade has possibly resolved some of the issues reviewers had with the buttons but I would still say they were overly harsh on the phone. The only thing I would mention is that it doesn't seem much of an upgrade from the U11+, but minor upgrades are the way things are these days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got mine Thursday, really liking it so far. Upgrade from HTC 10 dont have any issues with buttons and my battery life so far seems decent, not had the chance to put it through high usage yet though. Phone is stupidly fast, the new 845 chipset is excellent.

Soldato
Some Battery feedback, so far I quite happy with my battery. This is my usage for today, loads of Spotify in the background, Youtube, Games, Facebook and Twitter. So a good amount of all round usage.

3074586086c66b9b03c108e5e3eab418bd85b879b01616e26d37386aa126ed1212575f25.jpg

Soldato
Battery is average for me, sometimes I'll glance the screen and think where's that 20% of battery gone and other times it surprises me by having 40-50% left at the end of day of heavy usage.

Camera wise , spoiled for choice between this and my Pixel 2 XL . U12+ seems to produce more lifelike colours. Below were taken using auto.

ohNGK0jm.jpg
I3uFjwMm.jpg
hN1YgvDm.jpg
qB3YHsOm.jpg

On a side note I wish I'd went for the black, blue is nice and all but I'm quite usually black or silver is about as exciting as my colour choices get.

Back
Top Bottom