*** The Official HTC Windows Phone 8X (Accord) Thread ***

Soldato
Got myself one of these in black today and I love it. I couldn't get on with the size of the lumia and couldn't afford to buy it unlocked and EE are overpriced.

First thing I've noticed is I need to have wifi on my desktop to tether, pain in the arse. Is there ANY way I can tether via the usb cable?

Battery life from full charge is saying 1 day 15 hours....and I've had my first random restart after a few hours of use. Yay.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I updated the 8X yesterday and from first impressions it does seem to have helped the battery life. My phone lost hardly any charge last night which is a good thing. Hopefully this will keep up and was not a one off coincidence.

Soldato
Mine hasn't rebooted since so hopefully that's fixed. Can't say I've noticed the battery is any better. I think they added drafts to SMS messages which is great because I missed that.

Soldato
The update does seem to have helped the random restarts. Doesn't stop the phone crashing like **** playing words with friends.

Don't use the 'text me' call divert thing, or the multi message delete is a bit handy.....wifi with lock screen is better though.

Soldato
I've just got one of these as I fancied a change from iOS, so far I love the UI but to me the app store is really lacking. Not just for a lack of apps, but for the apps that are there just aren't as good as their iOS counterparts. Twitter and Facebook most notable for being lesser than the same app on iOS.

Also struggling to find a way of putting media on to the phone via my Macbook Pro as the only official Windows app requires the latest Mac OS and I'm on the 1 pervious :/

Soldato
The Facebook app is ok. I personally don't know why these huge companies just write first class apps for ALL platforms. It's their brand after all and development costs must be a drop in the ocean compared to what they rake in.

Twitter have ended up shafting the third party alternatives with their API restrictions and the iOS Facebook app was really bad for a long time. I use the Facebook integration within Windows phone more than the Facebook app itself.

Back
Top Bottom