*** The Official HTC Windows Phone 8X (Accord) Thread ***

Associate
in wp8 is there an option in the browser settings to 'turn images off' ? there wasnt such an option in 7 or 7.5

Currently no im afraid
The closest thing to that would be the 'Data Sense' App, its only available on Verizon in the US right now but will come to more providers im sure.

Data sense can compress entire webpages, reducing your bandwidth costs, especially when re visiting a site.
It would appear in the ie advanced settings if you had it.

Soldato
Sephriem, can you confirm there is no VPN support?

Even worse than no VPN support is the apparent lack of IPv6 support. After reading through some of the developer documentation it seems like is not available at all which is awful and is making me have second thoughts about Windows Phone 8 (even though I have been waiting for it for months).

Associate
Even worse than no VPN support is the apparent lack of IPv6 support. After reading through some of the developer documentation it seems like is not available at all which is awful and is making me have second thoughts about Windows Phone 8 (even though I have been waiting for it for months).

I thought LTE required IPv6 support?

Soldato
VPN support or lack of it is something I hope gets sorted via an update, as that is a big issue for me but for UK users will IPv6 support be an issue anytime in the next 12 months?
Im curious as we have delayed our v6 rollout for another 12 months as we can't see the need yet - it's one of those things that you know needs doing, can prepare for it, but wait until it is needed before going through the pain...

Associate
VPN support or lack of it is something I hope gets sorted via an update, as that is a big issue for me but for UK users will IPv6 support be an issue anytime in the next 12 months?
Im curious as we have delayed our v6 rollout for another 12 months as we can't see the need yet - it's one of those things that you know needs doing, can prepare for it, but wait until it is needed before going through the pain...

There is a video floating about showing an 8X on 4G.
I know that its HDPSA+ @ 24Mb/s capable.

The antennas are all the same, and the processors all the same too with the 4G capabilities'.

However!
I know the past some couriers have shown HDPSA+ when it hasn't been that.
My Ex girlfriend also had 4G on her phone, which was a us import, a couple of months back. she never had 4G of course and it was a windows phone.

On the 8X it still only gives you choice of 2G/3G selection, though as you say 'here's to hoping' there's an update.

Soldato
Can anyone with one of these tell me if Spotify works/is at least available within the app store? I've heard conflicting things about it as there's no native WP8 app yet.

Soldato
... the WP7 Spotify doesn't work on WP8? Or is it a case of a WP8-specific app (with the functionality shown off for Pandora) is coming next year?

I use Xbox Music any way, but I could understand why some won't want to. Social features are still better on Spotify, and it's cross-platform (I believe Xbox Music will be eventually?). When I was a Spotify member, I'd download Drowned in Sound's playlists every week and I could sign in on my dad's Sonos. With Zune (now Xbox Music) I can do neither. OTOH, I prefer the focus on artists and albums to Spotify's focus on playlists. Xbox Music is a music store with all-you-can-eat access for the monthly fee, while Spotify is an online streaming service that lets you download playlists for offline listening. The difference might seem small, but Xbox Music feels a lot more comfortable to me - it fits the majority of my listening habits better.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently coming next year, but no need for it with Xbox Music out now.

Is Xbox Music free? I can't seem to find a conclusive answer after a quick Google.. if not is there UK pricing somewhere?

... the WP7 Spotify doesn't work on WP8? Or is it a case of a WP8-specific app (with the functionality shown off for Pandora) is coming next year?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-Spotify-to-Windows-Phone-8/idi-p/184962

I think it doesn't show in the app store, maybe not compatible with WP8.

Associate

Can anyone with one of these tell me if Spotify works/is at least available within the app store? I've heard conflicting things about it as there's no native WP8 app yet.

Is Xbox Music free? I can't seem to find a conclusive answer after a quick Google.. if not is there UK pricing somewhere?

You are Correct there is no native Spotify app for WP8
You cant see the WP7 one in the maker place on the phone
Or windows market place on pc
You also cannot use the link on Spotify.com

If someone on WP7 can share the direct link from the phones market place i can screenshot what message appears.

Regarding price, i believe only Nokia music is free completely.
  1. Pandora
  2. Xbox music
  3. Music unlimited
  4. Spotify
Are all monthly installments

Spotify has a limited freeness

And all come with trials

Associate
Me again guys.
I'm here to report hopefully something not too critical and im hoping maybe just me.
Since getting the phone, ive been counting the number of random resets the phone has.

I'm currently on 7 resets since the 2nd, :(.
They seem to happen really when doing anything.
Plugging headphones in typing, ie, changing settings once taking a picture.
I don't want to put anyone off the phone cause honestly, it is very very well together.

Also I've just switched to a contract sim.

Full Monty Mobile.
Unlimited (no cap or fair policy)
Texts
Calls
Data
Open WiFi
And tethering.
Only thing that coats is 30p picture messages.

For £21 a month 12 month contract.
That only £621, for me as I've already bout the phone.

This is a huge increase of data and calls than my old payngo on o2
100mins
20 pic message
Unlimited (fair usage 3000)texts
1Gb data
Open wifi
Tethering
Also for £21mo

When i was getting the phone they wanted me on a minimum 18 mo contract
£31mo
Unlimited txt
3000/unlimited mins
1gb data
2 gb Cloud storage
That was the best minimum

Sounds pretty good mainly i got this because in my area o2 reception is poor.
Ill keep you updated on this if you think its a good idea.

Soldato
It's a pain :( the number of times with my wp7 i've had my eardrums burst from a text message arriving during a quiet album are too many to count.

I like to stick a playlist on when im in bed, I only need the volume at around 5 so its loud enough to hear but not stopping me from sleeping. However it means ill more than likely not hear my alarm if I do that. Absolutely pointless feature.

Back
Top Bottom